Question about 1999 Chevrolet Prizm
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
1. Remove tire
2. Remove axle nut. (this is a large nut, maybe 19mm or even bigger. these can be tough to get off sometimes without an air gun.)
3. Remove cotter pin and nut from the lower ball joint.
4. You can first try hitting the side of the ball joint with a hammer and if it doesn't pop it loose you will have to use a Pickle fork. If you have to use a pickle fork and the ball joint is old it may get damaged so you may want to replace that while your at it.
5. If necessary use a hammer to tap on the axle to push it out of the hub assembly. Once it is out of there you can give it a tug and see if it will come out without a fight from the transmission. If it doesn't come right away you can get under there with a large screw driver and pry it out.
6. Install new axle carefully into the transmission and make sure you push it all the way in, than just do the above steps in reverse order and your set. Good luck!
Posted on Dec 31, 2008
SOURCE: Replacing my CV Axles
Hi, your axles on the metro are actually called half shafts, any larger name parts house can order them for you. Call them with the Make, Year, and Model and they will take care of you. you will need to tell them,drivers side or passengers side. Hope this helps!
Posted on Aug 26, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 30, 2014 | Cars & Trucks
Aug 02, 2014 | 1998 Chevrolet Prizm
Apr 21, 2013 | Cars & Trucks
Oct 29, 2012 | 1990 Geo Prizm
Jul 06, 2012 | 2000 Chevrolet Prizm
Apr 24, 2011 | 1998 Chevrolet Prizm
Mar 01, 2010 | 1990 Chevrolet K1500
Aug 16, 2009 | 1990 Geo Prizm
Jul 02, 2009 | 1998 Chevrolet Prizm
Nov 19, 2008 | 1994 Geo Prizm
204 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!