Question about 2006 Saturn Vue
Reduced power , electronic throttle control problem .
Reduced Engine Power Mode
When the ECM detects a condition with the TAC system, the ECM may enter a reduced engine power mode. Reduced engine power may cause one or more of the following conditions:
• Acceleration limiting--The ECM will continue to use the accelerator pedal for throttle control; however, the vehicle acceleration is limited.
• Limited throttle mode--The ECM will continue to use the accelerator pedal for throttle control; however, the maximum throttle opening is limited.
• Throttle default mode--The ECM will turn off the throttle actuator motor and the throttle will return to the spring loaded default position.
• Forced idle mode--The ECM will perform the following actions:
- Limit engine speed to idle by positioning the throttle position, or by controlling the fuel and spark if the throttle is turned off.
- Ignore the accelerator pedal input.
• Engine shutdown mode--The ECM will disable fuel and de-energize the throttle actuator.
Posted on May 04, 2017
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
I believe the filter is actually a part of the fuel pump module. You have to replace the whole thing. You can contact Saturn parts to verify this.
Posted on Apr 03, 2009
SOURCE: Bad idle on 2002 Saturn Vue
make sure you have no hoses on the engine that fell off listen for a hissing at idle. If all ok and you checked for codes which should be done before any parts are replaced then the most likely cause is the Idle Air Control Valve. (IAC). IAC's usually wont set a code.
Posted on Sep 28, 2009
I had the SAME problem...do you smell any fuel smells? Is your car getting less MPG and is does it have less excelleration? It is the Fuel Injector(s)...
Most likely...one or more has gone bad, I believe this is yet another common problem with the Saturn ION...hhhhmmmm I wonder why they went out of business...
Posted on Dec 23, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 29, 2015 | 2006 Saturn ION
Feb 19, 2015 | 2006 Saturn Vue 2.2
Jun 02, 2017 | 2003 Saturn VUE
Oct 10, 2012 | 2006 GMC Sierra Denali
Jul 01, 2012 | 2006 Saturn Vue
Jan 23, 2011 | 1997 Chevrolet C1500
May 11, 2010 | 1996 Chevrolet Cavalier
Dec 08, 2008 | 2003 Saturn VUE
Jul 08, 2008 | 1993 Nissan Sentra 4 Door
51 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!