An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.
Re: Check Ride Control message keeps appearing on my dash...
I have serviced these systems for years and the most common problem is leaking air shock, and this inturn will burn your pump up. The best thing IMO is to replace your air shocks now before it ruins your compressor, if it hasn't already. You can climb under the car and spray soapy water on the shocks and the leaks will be visible. Another alternative is to put a couple of pumps of tire stop leak in each one and this will help for quite a while, I had a 91 and by doing that I got another year out of it before haveing to replace them.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
This light comes on when one of the systems it monitors has a problem. If you reset it and it comes back on, something needs attention. Usually a burned out bulb will keep the light on. Check all headlights/park lights/and brake lights for proper operation. If no lights are out, the system will have to be scanned for problem areas with a scan tool and then the light reset
then means its busted. and not a random glitch.
why not scan it and get the DTC errors... ?????
always scan it first. write down the DTC number Pxxxx
drive and see if it fails again , if it does, it's REAL.
Well you may follow the step below to reset idrive - Firstly with the ignition switched on, set the odometer trip meter back to zero by pushing it once. Then switch the ignition back off again. 1. Switch the ignition on so that the battery, Oil and Parking brake lights are displayed and the key is ready to start the engine, but note you don't actually start the car.
2. Press the odometer reset button for between 5 and 10 seconds until a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark in the center appears in the top window between the clocks (where the outside temperature / time or date normally appears) - this is the "Service" icon.
3. Release the odometer button briefly and press again straight away which brings up a picture of the Brake Fluid symbol (same as the one that the i-drive shows when you look at the Service menu).
4. If you want to reset the Brake Fluid interval for another 2 years then keep holding the odometer button until the word "RESET?" appears at the bottom of the lower window.
5. Release the button briefly and push it in again and hold for about 5 - 10 seconds until the new date appears in the bottom window. You can then switch the ignition off and the new Brake Fluid date will appear in the service menu on the i-drive screen next time you switch on.
6. If you want to reset the Oil, Microfilter or Brake Pad indicators then you will need to follow the same sequence as steps 1 and 2 above, but when you get to step 3 and the brake Fluid icon appears, just release the button and press again and the next service item will appear.
7. You can continue releasing and pressing the button until the required service item icon appears for the one you want to reset. As soon as it does then hold in the button in until the word "RESET?" appears again as in step 4 above. Once the word "RESET?" has appeared, you need to release the button briefly and hold it in again for about 5 - 10 seconds until it is replaced by the new service interval figure (as per step 5 above). hope this helps...
In 2006 BMW developed what they Condition Based Service (CBS), this means even when you change the oil and filter, the only way to reset the service indicator is to take it to the dealer, to be hooked up to thier computer. I have the same problem, I am waiting for some aftermaket code breaker to be developed to fix this problem. Hope this helps, let me know.
If the light was flashing when it came on, then it means your engine is
A solid light can mean anything from a loose/faulty gas cap to a
light comes on when the computer detects a
fault of some sort in its diagnostic tests. If it keeps detecting this
issue, the light will remain on. If the light turns off, then it has
detected that the issue may no longer be present.
order to find out what the exact reason was for your light, You need to
have your car computer scanned to retrieve the code that
the computer would have stored when the light triggered. Most garages
will do this free of charge. The code will tell you what may have
caused the light to initially turn on.
You can reset by disconnecting the battery for 5-10 mins. You can also have a garage reset it. If the issue remains, the light will come back on again
to reset light brake sensor must have been replace close door turn key on but dont start car when time is displayed on instrument cluster press and hold button on left side of cluster a orange triangle will appear keep holding next service function will be displayed release button to scroll through services that can be reset just push button again without holding when rear brakes are displayed on cluster press and hold button again the message reset with a question mark will come up release button and then press and hold again and light will reset
Something is not fixed. Though you say you fixed them or had them fixed doesnt mean it is all good. Sometimes defective parts. Unhook the battery for a few min. Then reconnect it. The drive about 30 nonstop miles. The computer will be clear then the problem codes will be stored and the light will come back on. Then re read it