Question about Chevrolet Cars & Trucks
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
I had this problem after the dealer serviced the car! They couldn't fix it despite several tries so I was stuck with the fault. Then I remembered I had the same fault in my previous XM model but it would reset on engine re-start. On that car it usually happened after a full left or right steering lock combined with hard braking when maneuvering in tight car parks. I figured that if this caused the problem then maybe it could also cure it. I tried it in a safe place, alternating left and right lock with abrupt braking. It didn't seem to clear the fault but after a 15 minute trip to the shopping centre I was surprised to find that the fault was gone when I re-started the engine! I have not had this problem in over a year now despite living with it for over three weeks at the time.
Posted on Jul 31, 2009
SOURCE: Airbag Warning Light
Hello, I am having the same problem, But the dealer told me that most often a water bottle goes under the seat and when people pull it out they unplug the airbag, you may want to look at this first. resetting the sensors would be next, I am looking for that next.
Posted on Feb 10, 2010
SOURCE: CODE B0026 HOW DO i RESOLVE?
The airbag connectors in behind the front kick panels have high resistance. The fix is to replace them. Here is TSB's
#05-09-41-001B: Supplemental Inflatable Restraint (SIR) Light ON, Diagnostic Trouble Codes (Inspect/Replace IP Harness to Inflatable Restraint Module (Air Bag) Yellow 4-Way Connector C221 and/or C222) - (Jun 2, 2008)
Supplemental Inflatable Restraint (SIR) Light ON, Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC) B0013, B0014, B0017, B0018, B0024, B0026, B0043, B0044 (Inspect and/or Replace IP Harness to Inflatable Restraint Module (Air Bag) Yellow 4-Way Connector C221 and/or C222)
2003-2006 Cadillac Escalade Models
2003-2006 Chevrolet Avalanche, Suburban, Tahoe
2003-2007 Chevrolet Silverado (Classic Only)
2003-2006 GMC Yukon, Yukon XL, Yukon Denali, Yukon Denali XL
2003-2007 GMC Sierra (Classic Only)
This bulletin is being revised to add the 2007 model year for pickups and change a part number. Please discard Corporate Bulletin Number 05-09-41-001A (Section 09 -- Restraints).
Some customers may comment that the Service Supplemental Inflatable Restraint Light is on.
Diagnosis with a scan tool may indicate a DTC B0013, B0014, B0017, B0018, B0024, B0026, B0043, B0044.
The most likely cause of any one of the following DTCs: B0013, B0014, B0017, B0018, B0024, B0026, B0043, B0044 is improper connection/high resistance in the IP harness to inflatable restraint module connector C221 and/or C222.
DTC B0013, B0014, B0017, B0018, B0024, B0026, B0043, B0044 will set when one of the following conditions occur:
• The SDM detects the air bag module deployment loop resistance is greater than 4.8 ohms for 500 milliseconds.
• The SDM detects that the voltage at the air bag module high control is less than 2.4 volts and deployment loop resistance is 6 ohms or greater for 500 milliseconds.
• For additional diagnostic information, refer to DTC B0013, B0014, B0017, B0018, B0024, B0026, B0043, B0044 in the appropriate SI Document.
Test for proper connection/high resistance at connector C221 and/or C222.
Don't Do This
DO NOT replace SIR system components prior to testing for proper connection/high resistance in C221 and/or for DTCs B0013, B0014, B0017, B0018, B0024, B0026, B0043, B0044.
Caution: When performing service on or near the SIR components or the SIR wiring, the SIR system must be disabled. Refer to SIR Disabling and Enabling Zones. Failure to observe the correct procedure could cause deployment of the SIR components, personal injury, or unnecessary SIR system repairs.
Important: The IP harness to inflatable restraint module connectors C221 or C222 is NOT located at the base of the steering column...
• C221 (4 Cavities) -- I/P Harness to Body Harness, behind the left kick panel
• C222 (4 Cavities) (w/o HP2) -- I/P harness to body harness, behind the right kick panel
• C222 (4 Cavities) (w/HP2) -- Behind the left side I/P access panel
• Refer to the Master Electrical Component List for additional location information.
1. Remove the appropriate side door sill plate.
2. Remove the appropriate side hinge pillar panel.
3. Locate the IP harness to inflatable restraint module yellow 4-way connector C221 or C222.
4. Inspect the IP harness to inflatable restraint module connector C221 or C222 for proper connection.
5. Disconnect and reconnect the IP harness to inflatable restraint module connector C221 or C222 THREE times.
6. Clear the DTC and road test the vehicle.
• If DTCs B0013, B0014, B0017, B0018, B0024, B0026, B0043, B0044 DOES NOT reset, no additional repairs are necessary. Continue with step 10.
• If DTCs B0013, B0014, B0017, B0018, B0024, B0026, B0043, B0044 DOES reset, the most likely cause is high resistance in the IP harness to inflatable restraint module connector C221 or C222. Continue with the next step.
7. Replace the appropriate connector C221 and/or C222, P/N's 15306186 and 88987998. Refer to SIR/SRS Wiring Repairs (SI Document ID #325229).
8. Road test the vehicle and confirm that the repair is complete.
9. Install the driver's side hinge pillar panel.
10. Install the driver's side door sill plate.
Part Number: 15306186
Description: Connector (4-way Female, w/Leads) - Qty 1
Part Number: 88987998
Description: Connector (4-way Male, w/Leads) - Qty 1
Hope this help (remember comment and rated this help).
Posted on May 07, 2010
SOURCE: service airbag light stays on
I have a 2007 chevrolet silverado and my service airbag light came on. I was out camping with the sterio going and ran the batt low but their was enough juice to restart after about 10 min. On the way home the service light stayed on and i just fixed the problem which was a fuse under the hood in the main fuse pannel. It is very common due to low voltage on start up to blow a 15 amp fuse.
Posted on Aug 10, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 04, 2016 | 2004 Ford Escape
Nov 05, 2015 | Cars & Trucks
Apr 13, 2015 | 1996 Chevrolet Cavalier
Sep 19, 2011 | 2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer
Aug 25, 2011 | 2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer
Jul 27, 2011 | 1999 Subaru Legacy
Nov 06, 2010 | 2005 Honda Pilot
Apr 28, 2010 | 1999 Audi A4
Mar 04, 2010 | Peugeot 505 Cars & Trucks
Aug 22, 2017 | 1998 Chevrolet Camaro
80 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!