Question about 2005 Lotus Elise
LOTUS ELISE 2005 - THE F0B DOES NOT ALLOW ENTRY INTO THE CAR. KEY DOES NOT ALLOW MANUAL ENTRY IINTO THE CAR.
I CHANGED THE BATTERY IN THE FOB STILL DOES NOT WORK BUT I CAN SET THE ALARM OFF BY PUSHING THE FOB TO MANY TIMES
I HAS BEEN SITTING FOR ABOUT 20 PLUS DAYS WHEN I WAS AWAY ON VACATION. WHAT CAN I DO
Re-synchronize the FOB if the problem is with just one key.
1. Hold down both buttons simultaneously until the fob LED goes out. (10 seconds)
2. Release both buttons -- the LED should come on and stay on.
3. Press the larger fob button for a second, and the LED should flash.
IF re-synchronization doesn't work, you may have to replace the fob. Call customer service with your PIN (on the key-card that came with the keys). IF you don't have the PIN, then you need to call customeor service to confirm/register your ownership of the car.
If the keys are re-synchronized and it still doesn't work:
1. Re-synchronize as above, if you have not done so.
2. Turn the ignition on 3 times within 7 seconds. The red light above the odometer should light and stay on for 3 seconds.
3. Enter the PIN. Immediately after the red light goes out as per 2 above, switch on the ignition and count the number of flashes until it equals the number of the first digit on your PIN, then turn the ignition off, then on again. Do this for all four numbers.
4. What a pain, but if you get it wrong on a count, then you can restart by turning the ignition off for 10 seconds.
5. After the fourth digit, if the PIN is correct, the red light will stay on. Then you can re-test the fobs, and it should work.
Otherwise, call customer service.
Hope this helps.
Posted on Jan 12, 2009
a 6ya Mechanic can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Mechanic (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 04, 2011 | 2006 Lotus Elise
Mar 16, 2010 | 2007 Lotus Elise
Nov 06, 2009 | 2005 Lotus Elise
Jul 22, 2009 | 2005 Lotus Elise
Jun 06, 2009 | 2005 Lotus Elise
Aug 14, 2008 | 2005 Lotus Elise
Jun 27, 2008 | 2005 Lotus Elise
Nov 26, 2013 | 2005 Lotus Elise
Sep 25, 2013 | 2005 Lotus Elise
1,558 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: