- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Here are the instructions from the factory service manual: 1. Enter 5-digit permanent entry code into the keyless entry keypad. 2. Within 5 seconds of pressing last button of code, press the 1/2 button. All doors will lock then unlock confirming you are in programming mode. 3. Press any button on first Keyless Remote within 5 seconds of pressing the 1/2 button. Locks will cycle to indicate succesful programming. 4. If you are programming more than one Keyless Remote (Including any exsiting remotes) Press any button on second keyless remote within 5 seconds of previous remote. Locks will cycle again to indicate succesfull programming. (If the keypad light goes out before all remotes are programmed the entire process must be repeated). 5. Press the 7/8 and the 9/0 buttons simultaneously on the keypad to exit program mode.
To program ( or reprogram ) a keyless entry remote transmitter into the remote keyless entry module, perform the following steps:
1. Turn the key to ON or ACC and short the two terminals of the program connector, a two-pin connector located below the driver's side of the instrument panel at the base of the steering column. All doors should lock and then unlock. 2. Press any button on each keyless entry remote transmitter in turn. All doors should lock and then unlock. If the door locks do not respond, press the button again (up to three times maximum with the same keyless entry remote transmitter). If the door locks still fail to respond, go to Pinpoint Test A. 3. Repeat Step 2 to program additional keyless entry remote transmitters into the remote keyless entry module (up to four keyless entry remote transmitters maximum). 4. Turn key off. 5. Remove the short from the program connector. All doors should lock and then unlock. 6. Verify that the keyless entry remote transmitters have been successfully programmed by pressing the LOCK or UNLOCK button on each one, and observing that the system responds by locking and/or unlocking the doors.
Try reprogramming the remotes. Here are the instructions for the procedure. Hope it helps. Cobra!
NOTE: All keyless entry remote transmitters (15K601) must be
programmed at the same time. NOTE: To program (or reprogram) the keyless entry remote transmitters
into the RAP module, perform the following steps:
Make sure that the anti-theft system is not armed or triggered.
Turn the ignition switch (11572) from OFF to RUN eight times within ten
seconds, ending in RUN. If the RAP module has successfully entered program mode,
it will lock and then unlock all doors.
Within 20 seconds, press any button on a keyless entry remote transmitter,
and the doors will lock and then unlock to confirm that each keyless entry
remote transmitter has been programmed. Repeat this step for each
If the door locks do not respond for any keyless entry remote transmitter,
wait several seconds and press the button again. If the door locks still fail to
respond, refer to Inspection and Verification.
Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position, or wait up to 20 seconds after
step 2, to exit program mode. If a keyless entry remote transmitter has been
programmed (or reprogrammed), the RAP module will lock and unlock all doors one
last time to confirm.
Programming Electronic Door Lock Control System
NOTE: The electronic door lock control processor (14B001) erases all
previous keyless entry remote transmitter (15K601) from memory when the keyless
entry remote transmitters are programmed or reprogrammed. The electronic door
lock control processor can store up to four keyless entry remote transmitters in
To program (or reprogram) keyless entry remote transmitter into the
electronic door lock control processor, perform the following steps:
Turn ignition switch to the RUN position and momentarily short the two
terminals of the program connector taped to the wire assembly and located behind
the glove compartment. All doors should lock and then unlock. Remove shorting
Press any button on keyless entry remote transmitter. All doors should lock
and then unlock to verify the keyless entry remote transmitter has been
programmed. If door locks do not respond, press button again (up to three times
maximum with the same keyless entry remote transmitter).
Repeat the above step to program additional keyless entry remote transmitters
into the electronic door lock control processor (up to four keyless entry remote
Turn ignition switch OFF. All doors should lock and then unlock.
To figure out if you have factory keyless entry,place the key in the ignition and turn it foreward 5 times in 10 seconds. This means forward just till the dash lights come on, but do not start it. If the doors lock and then unlock, you've entered programming mode and you have a factory system. You'll need to get on line and purchase a factory remote, (I didn't see any on Ebay) and following this guude:
- Cycle ignition from OFF to RUN 5 times within 10 seconds, ending in RUN. (this may take 8 times) - All doors will lock then unlock to confirm programming mode. - Press any button on 1st transmitter. - Door locks will cycle to confirm programming. - Press any button on 2nd transmitter (up to 4 transmitters total possible). - Turn ignition to OFF. - Locks will again cycle to indicate end of programming mode.
your owner manual tells you. Why not use the original code?
To change, here is 96 procedure, should be the same. please give good rating if this is what you want.
The system (permanent) entry code is located in three places:
on the owner's wallet code card (in glove compartment)
electronically accessible by requesting the remote anti-theft personality module KEYCODE PID on the New Generation Star (NGS) Tester
on the remote anti-theft personality module housing
The remote anti-theft personality module is programmed at the factory with a five-digit entry code. A replacement remote anti-theft personality module includes replacement labels and a new owner's code card.
To turn on the interior lamps and light all illuminated components:
press any button on the keyless entry keypad (14A626).
To program a temporary access code:
Enter the permanent code on the keyless entry keypad.
Press button 1/2 within 5 seconds of last digit of permanent code. (This alerts system to accept temporary code.)
Enter alternate five-digit code. Do not exceed 5 seconds between entering digits or between pressing the 1/2 key and entering the first digit.
SECTION 501-14B: Keyless Entry/Computer Operated Locks
1999 Town Car Workshop Manual
Programming —Keyless Entry Keypad Code
Enter the permanent factory keyless entry keypad code.
Press the 1/2 button within five seconds to activate the programming mode. Holding the 1/2 button for more than two seconds will erase all stored customer codes. The existing codes do not need to be erased to program new codes.
Enter the new five-digit keyless entry keypad code.
To associate the new code with personality positions 1, 2 or 3, press the 1/2 button within 5 seconds of entering the 5th digit of the new code for position 1 or 3/4 button for position 2 or 5/6 for position 3. The door locks will lock and unlock confirming the new code is programmed.
If another code is to be programmed, begin entering the code within 5 seconds of the last button pressed.
After all new keyless entry codes are programmed:
Press keyless entry keypad buttons 7/8 and 9/0 at the same time to exit the program mode.
Wait for 5 seconds; the driver door module (DDM) will exit the program mode automatically.