Question about 2001 BMW Z3
The alarm goes off on its own, it does not reset and last night it drained the battery which is now flat, the neighbours report that the alarm sounded for approx 1 hour on and off and the hazzards flashed for approx 2 hours. Recently the car was hit from behind, only skuff on bumper but could this have anything to do with problem. Is it possible to turn off the siren.
1. find the trunk (boot) sensor (plunger) and tape it in the down position.
2. recharge the battery.
3. close the trunk and rearm the alarm.
4. listen for the alarm to go off. if it does proceed to step 6. if not see step 5.
5. the travel is too large for this trunk sensor. must have been caused by the accident. you can build up the area with some velcro or tape where the plunger meets the metal to make the travel less, thus making the alarm system think the trunk is not opened when the trunk is closed. or this sensor was damaged by the accident which will to be replaced.
6. the trunk sensor is not the problem. untape it and proceed to the hood (bonnet) sensor. tape it down and repeat steps 1-4 for the hood sensor.
7. keep repeating on the other sensors (doors, fuel door) until you find the sensor causing the problem.
Posted on Jan 17, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 06, 2016 | Cars & Trucks
Mar 28, 2016 | Cars & Trucks
Nov 28, 2014 | 2004 Infiniti QX56
Oct 08, 2014 | Cars & Trucks
Mar 24, 2011 | 2003 Chrysler PT Cruiser
Jun 04, 2009 | 2008 BMW 528i Sedan
May 11, 2009 | 2001 Hyundai Elantra
Mar 04, 2009 | 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Jul 19, 2008 | 1990 Acura Legend
Jul 04, 2014 | 2001 BMW Z3
Jun 24, 2014 | 2001 BMW Z3
667 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!