Question about 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Sounds like your car is misfiring..when was the last time you did a tune up in it?i suggest that you might do a compression check on your vehicle check for variation in each cylinder also if you get it done and its all normal then make a major tune up and you will be fine..
Posted on Dec 31, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 19, 2014 | Cars & Trucks
The engine control module (ECM) learns the idle position of the throttle plate to ensure the correct idle. Anytime the throttle body is cleaned or replaced, the ECM must learn the new throttle position. The idle may be unstable or a DTC may set if the throttle position is not learned.
Conditions for Running the Throttle Learn Procedure
• DTCs P0101, P0102, P0103, P0107, P0108, P0111, P0112, P0113, P0506, and P0507 are not set.
• The engine speed is between 450-4,000 RPM.
• The manifold absolute pressure (MAP) is greater than 5 kPa.
• The mass air flow (MAF) is greater than 2 g/s.
• The ignition 1 voltage is greater than 10 volts.
Important: Do NOT perform this procedure if DTCs are set. Refer to Diagnostic Trouble Code
(DTC) List - Vehicle.
1. Start and idle the engine in PARK for 3 minutes.
2. With a scan tool, monitor desired and actual RPM.
3. The ECM will start to learn the new idle cells and Desired RPM should start to decrease.
4. Ignition OFF for 60 seconds.
5. Start and idle the engine in PARK for 3 minutes.
6. After the 3 minute run time the engine should be idling normal.
Important: During the drive cycle the check engine light may come on with idle speed DTCs. If idle speed codes are set, clear codes so the ECM can continue to learn.
* If the engine idle speed has not been learned the vehicle will need to be driven at
speeds above 70 km/h (44 mph) with several decelerations and extended idles.
7. After the drive cycle, the engine should be idling normally.
* If the engine idle speed has not been learned, turn OFF the ignition for 60 seconds
and repeat step 6.
8. Once the engine speed has returned to normal, clear DTCs.
Mar 04, 2014 | 1995 GMC Sierra
Dec 25, 2013 | Cars & Trucks
Feb 16, 2011 | Ford F-150 Cars & Trucks
Feb 05, 2011 | 2002 Toyota Tacoma
Jul 18, 2010 | 1992 Honda Civic
Aug 31, 2009 | 1978 Ford Granada
84 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!