Question about 2001 Nissan Sentra
I have nissan sentra 2001- I am having zillions of issues since i bought this car in 2004.
i have basically spend almost same amount what i paid to repair all these problesm listed below
- tansmission gone after only 95K
- alternator changes TWICE since bought
- Belt changed TWICE since bought
- Car stalls when on stop light
- Car do not pick up once ready to drive at green light after a stop
- while driving i feel the car is slowing down even if i am driving in same speed
- often front and back light are dying
- emergency light dyes often
- Cruise control not working
- CD player is inconsitance sometime work but mostly it does not
I am at a point that when i am behind the wheel i always have nervous breakdown thinking if i will be safe and alive driving this car I AM NOT IN A POSITION TO REPLACE A NEW CAR.
can anyone help me if they have same problems and what they have done or who they have seen to fix these problems
ALTENATOR AND BELT PROBLEMS: I would assume that someone has c hecked the battery. A dead cell will shorten the life of the alternator..If
the plug( at the alternator) is the least bit shakey, replace it. Check all grounds, engine to firewall, engine to
frame, engine to battery, frame to radiator support, and the alternator
CAR STALLS/DIES/LACK OF POWER: Have your mechanic inspect and clean the throttle body and the idle control motor. When these parts get dirty with carbon and debris they will cause erratic idle and dying at stops and low speed complaints.
CRUISE CONTROL AND BRAKE LIGHTS: First, check the obvious. Blown fuses? Check brake lights -- if both are blown, the system won't work. Also look for any disconnected vacuum lines in the engine compartment.
THE ALTENATOR WHICH SUPPLIES THE CAR THE ELECTRICAL POWER; IF WORN WILL CAUSE PROBLEMS IN ANYTHING ELECTRICAL IN YOUR CAR, INCLUDING THE MOTOR
Posted on Jan 16, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 12, 2011 | 2004 Nissan Sentra
Jan 21, 2011 | Nissan Sentra Cars & Trucks
Jun 11, 2010 | 2004 Nissan Sentra
Apr 20, 2010 | 2000 Nissan Sentra
Nov 11, 2009 | 2004 Nissan Sentra
Aug 26, 2009 | 2000 Nissan Sentra
604 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!