I have a 2004 Chevy Colorado I have tried starting it but I am unable to turn the ignition to start its as if it's lock, my friend told me the ignition is probably locked that I should try turning the steering wheel left and right and try again so I did but still same problem. Can someone please help me?
a 6ya Mechanic can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Mechanic (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I assume you have kids and that's why you want to lock it and keep it secured either your kids jammed something in that ignition switch and messed something up. So I would take a good flash light and peer down into that key ignition hole and see if anything is blocked in there. if so or a bad ignition switch, you need disconnect the battery and remove the bottom dash plate from the steering wheel and you will have to disconnect the ignition cable from the ignition switch and take out the ignition by unscrewing the securing screws that hold that ignition in, best to get a mechanic book made for that make and model.
sound like problem in the theft security systm,try this insert another key in the ignition switch, the other key could be worn where pcm and bcm dont recognize it. and switch ignition on engine off watch padlock symbol with ignition switch left on 10 minutes the padlock symbol will extinguish or turn off then you will turn off ignition switch wait 5 seconds then try starting vechicle if start your theft security failing need let dealership check it out.
1. Turn the ignition to ON do not start.Engine OFF dash board lights ON. 2. Press and release the reset button in the driver information center (DIC) until the OIL LIFE message is displayed. 3. Once the alternating OIL LIFE and RESET messages appear on the DIC display, press and hold the reset stem until several beeps sound. This confirms the OIL LIFE system has been reset. 4. Turn the key to lock. If the CHANGE OIL message comes back on when you start the engine, the ENGINE OIL LIFE system has not reset. Repeat the procedure Alternate Method
1. Turn the ignition key to ON with the engine off.
2. Fully press and release the accelerator pedal 3 times within 5
seconds. Several beeps sound. This confirms the oil life system has been
3. Turn the ignition key OFF. 4. If the CHANGE/OIL message comes back on when you start the
engine, the engine oil life system has not reset. Repeat the procedure I use the second method, it is more universal and it works for Chevy Venture too.
I have an 05 Chevy Colorado and it won't start , I replaced the fuel filter the air filter and even replaced the fuel pump , then I put on a diagnostics check and it said there is no error code , the truck turns over but still will start it seems to be a fuel problem to me. signed frustrated
My 2004 Colorado did this exact thing I thought it was the battery. But it was until some one told me it happened to their GMC also. He said its a the passlock. It is a passive theft-deterrent system.Passlock enables fuel if the ignition lock cylinder is turned with a valid key. He then told me i turned the key to fast and it didn't read it. If a correct key is not used or the ignition lock cylinder is tampered with, the fuel system is disabled and the vehicle will not start.If the engine stalls and the security light flashes, wait about 10 min until the light stops flashing before trying to restart the engin. And remember to release the key from start as soon as it starts.
The start circuit is getting power from somewhere and its timed to come on in 2-3 hours.Bazzar!!Does the truck have a remote starter your unaware of and something/someone is activating it accidently/on purpose?