Question about 1998 Ford Windstar
The center dash contains the radio, heater assembly and lights to illuminate them. I wish to disassemble the dash center portion to get to these problems.
Check all of your fuses - there are ones that are responsible for the illumination and the operation of them. Next, go buy the repair manual for your vehicle at the auto parts store. Those manuals run about 20 bucks, and they cover quite a bit, from location of parts on your vehicle, to trouble shooting problems, to removal and installation of dashes and other parts and trim on your vehicle. That book comes in so handy that it can not be stressed enough to go buy one for your vehicle when you own one. Not only will it have the answer to most questions and help you solve them, but it will also at least, help you be better informed when you go in for service/repair. And most dash removals are a combination of undoing specific fasteners and unsnapping parts of it. It'll make sense when you look at the book.
Posted on Jan 24, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 20, 2015 | AC Cars & Trucks
Oct 12, 2011 | 1997 Chevrolet Blazer
Well, here's the instructions from the service manual. The labor guide says this can be done in 1.6 hours...I don't see how, unless the instructions are wrong about having to remove the instrument panel. My thoughts are that if you are only doing the blower motor, the blower assembly will come out without pulling the dash. You probably only have to do a partial disassembly and remove the glove box and the glove box lower support.
Removal and Installation
1. Disconnect battery ground cable. Remove Instrument panel. (See Instrument Panel Removal) Disconnect resistor connector. remove blower assembly duct. Disconnect motor connector. Remove blower assembly
2. Remove blower assembly screws and blower motor assembly. Remove clip and fan from assembly. Separate motor case and remove blower motor. To install, reverse removal procedure.
1. Disable air bag system. See AIRBAG RESTRAINT SYSTEM article in ACCESSORIES/SAFETY EQUIPMENT SECTION. Disconnect negative battery cable. Scribe mating marks on steering wheel and shaft for installation reference. Using Steering Wheel Remover (J-29752) remove steering wheel. Remove steering cowl.
2. Remove instrument panel grilles and plug, or driving pattern indicator panel (A/T Models). Disconnect electrical connections. Remove instrument panel hood, instrument cluster ezel and instrument cluster. Remove hood release handle. Remove knee protector.
3. Remove dash fuse/relay block and side trim. Remove engine control module box. Remove radio console and glove box lower reinforcement. Remove speaker covers and glove box. Remove heater control panel knobs and cover. Disconnect heater control cables, and remove heater control panel. Remove illumination control knob. Remove instrument panel.
1. Install instrument panel. Install and adjust heater control cables. To complete installation, reverse removal procedure. Ensure mating marks on steering wheel and shaft align. Apply grease to contact ring and tighten steering wheel nut to 26 ft.lbs. (35 N.m).
Feb 28, 2011 | 1995 Isuzu Rodeo
Jan 01, 2011 | 2002 Toyota Highlander
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
Fig. Fig. 1: Removing the heater duct assembly
Fig. Fig. 2: Removing the heater case assembly
Fig. Fig. 3: Removing the heater core from the heater case
Oct 05, 2010 | 1991 Honda Civic
Dec 08, 2009 | 2002 Audi A6
Nov 26, 2009 | 1999 Volkswagen Passat
Jul 28, 2009 | 1998 Volkswagen Beetle
Apr 07, 2009 | 1997 Dodge Ram
Sep 01, 2008 | 1996 Honda Accord
92 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: