Question about 2001 Buick LeSabre
I need good instructions on how to dismantle primary dash so I can get at climate control and radio in an 01 lesabre ltd. I can solder bulbs if I can get at the units. I have already fixed the door and steering wheel indicator lights. Please help...chiltons and haynes just do not give detailed instructions. I believe that a good start will be removal of the wood strip (mid dash) over climate control unit. Thanks!
a 6ya Mechanic can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Mechanic (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
check the fuse box and under hood ,check one by one with the climate control on and radio lights on , and you will see when the radio its off or on.
Posted on Dec 16, 2008
I have a 1995 and 1999 LeSabre and the radio removal is the same on both.
1. Carefully remove the AC vents from the dash.
2. In each of the AC openings are screws that hold the top of the dash trim in place.
3. Starting from the passenger door gently pry off the "wood" trim piece, It is held in place with metal clips and velcro.
4. Do the same as 3 from the driver side (short piece).
5. Remove the remaing screws from the bottem of the dash.
6. Move the Shift knob (requires key) all the way down.
7. Starting at each end of the dash slowly pry/pull each clip along the top of the dash from its mounting hole. Be careful not to crack the silver trim piece on the top of the dash (especially on top of the passenger airbag).
8. When the dash is free tilt the top in towards the car and wiggle it loose around the bottom (over the steering column) and the whole piece should come free.
This gives access to the radio, heater controls, speedo etc.
For the radio - three screws - antenna cable pop out. The harness needs a little more work. If your radio has a security feature (blinking light when car is off) make sure you know the security unlock code. Test the code before pulling the power to the radio.
Turn the radio over and carefully unlock the blue clip at the bottom of the plug. Then work the harness loose.
This sounds much worse than it is - it should take 15-30 minutes depending if you have all the tools close by. BTW those AC vents have a top and bottom - the larger hole goes on the bottom and they snap back in place.
Posted on Jul 25, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 09, 2014 | 2007 Ford Escape
Feb 09, 2014 | 1995 Lexus Sc 400
Dec 02, 2013 | Pontiac Grand Prix Cars & Trucks
Jul 25, 2010 | 1992 Buick LeSabre
Jun 11, 2010 | 2005 Buick LeSabre
May 05, 2010 | 1991 Lexus LS 400
Oct 09, 2009 | 2003 Saturn L-Series
Apr 27, 2009 | 1991 Buick LeSabre
Dec 16, 2008 | 1998 Buick LeSabre
180 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: