- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Hi Ken, I'm glad to help! Ken I have removed so many of the center consoles on Intrepids, heck I can do it in my sleep. I'm not sure how far you have gotten removing it. But there are some hidden screws under the rear cup holder. Pull the rear seat cup holder out and there is one in the very front and 2 down inside the slot. Those are the only ones you need to remove the other screws simply hold the cup holder in. The rest of the removal is very easy. Hope this helps and have an awesome day Ken!
I assume you mean the one that flips up in the center console?
If so, there are three likely issues.
1) did you slide out the retainer from the upper screw? the top screw had a cover that had to be pried off. you then took the screw out. Lastly you have to slide out the plastic retainer that the screw went into. It slides out towards the opening.
2) you have to have the cup holder partially open to remove it. the hinged part that folds up is stored in the cavity under the console when closed. you have to open the cup holder and keep pushing until the front of the cup holder lip comes up. Work the cup holder up and down until it comes out.
3) the cup holder is stuck in place due to years of spilled liquid. If you've done the above, then you can either spray soapy water on the creases around the opening and let it set, or you can apply strategic brute force.
Be aware through. if this is the center console cup holder just behind the gear shifter. There are two screws and nothing else to hold it in. Just be carefull....
In order to remove the rear passenger cup holder you must remove the console from the car and turn it over to gain access to the retainers that hold the cup holder into the console. If you go to the page at the web link below you will find detailed instructions with pictures (click on the pictures to enlarge them) on how to remove the console assembly from the floor.
there are two separate actuators for the rear system. one controls temperature and the other controls vents from head to feet. mine problem was the later. that acutuator for esv 2003 is 89018365. it is located just below third seat cup holder passenger side and can be replaced simply by removing cup holder. triangular shaped part with wire harness.
stick your hands in the cup holder, press against the sidewalls of the cup holder and pull up, there are only 2 metal clips that hold the cup holder assembly in place, it will pop right out, once out check for things obstructing the cup holder lid or broken tracks, a new one is 90-115 bucks or about 20 at a junkyard, just went through this myself
I recently had to retrieve a small object (camera battery) that was dropped in the cup holder. The battery allowed the cup holder to close properly, but it would not allow the cup holder to open all the way, making the cupholder useless.
Getting access to remove the object was quick and easy - all it takes is a small flat blade screw driver. Use the screw driver to gently pry up the wood trim panel in front of the cup holder. Be sure to pull it up evenly from both sides and it will pop out of its retaining sockets. You'll then have the access you need.
When you've finished, just realign the wood trim piece and tap it back into place. You can see a picture of where to pry at http://info5000.com/LS400_trim.jpg