Question about 2002 Suzuki XL-7
Can the new key fob be programed with out going to the dealership? If so how?
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: 2002 montana program key fob
Key fobs tend to hold their code indefintely. The batteries in them are probably burnt. Open up one of the fobs and replace the battery (hearing aid type) then they should work fine. Good Luck!~
Posted on Nov 08, 2008
Not 100% sure about Suzukis but on my ford the same happened to me and I had to program them at the same time. Hopefully this helps.
Posted on Jan 19, 2009
if you have an original working fob and your owner's manual,it will explain procedure,otherwise will have to go to dealer to be programmed
Posted on May 17, 2009
1. Close all vehicle doors.
2. Insert the key into the ignition.
3. Hold down the power UNLOCK button on the driver’s door panel-continue to hold
down until instructed to release in step 9.
4. Perform steps 5 through 8 in fairly rapid succession.
5. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position (as far as you can go without starting the
6. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
7. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position.
8. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
9. Release the power unlock button on the door panel. The vehicle will lock and unlock
the doors automatically.
10. Hold down the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the transmitter simultaneously until
the door locks and unlocks.
This step may take up to 30 seconds.
11. Repeat step 10 NOW for each additional transmitter (including any existing
12. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position in order to exit the transmitter programming
Thanks for using FixYa - a FixYa rating is appreciated for answering your FREE question.
Posted on May 27, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 17, 2017 | Suzuki XL7 Cars & Trucks
Nov 05, 2011 | 2007 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP Sedan
May 04, 2011 | 2006 Suzuki XL-7
Feb 16, 2011 | 2002 Ford Escape
Jan 06, 2011 | Suzuki Grand Vitara Cars & Trucks
Feb 13, 2010 | 2007 Suzuki XL-7
Jan 19, 2009 | 2007 Suzuki XL-7
354 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!