Question about 1998 Jeep Cherokee

1 Answer

Shock size ok so i go to the auto parts store and tell them i need shocks. tey ask if its a 0 inch lift, 1 , 2 , 3, upcounty ect ect. i got this car used im 95% sure its stock suspension. i have a 98 jeep grand cherokee limited. could someone tell me what size is right

Posted by on

  • blind150
    blind150 Dec 23, 2008

    there is no parts book. i got a user manual i have a repair manual and nothing specifys

  • Marvin
    Marvin May 11, 2010

    whatever the parts book says.



1 Answer

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.


    An expert that hasĀ over 10 points.

    Problem Solver:

    An expert who has answered 5 questions.

  • Contributor
  • 6 Answers

They are talking about the lift it has, if it's stock, you need a 0 lift shock.

Posted on Dec 23, 2008


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi there,
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.

Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.

Here's a link to this great service

Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

How do you repair rear shock top mount on 99 rodeo

If you go to Advance Auto Parts store and they could tell you which parts you need to replace the strut tower cap and/or Upper Shock Mounts.

Apr 19, 2017 | 1999 Isuzu Rodeo

3 Answers

I need front and rear shocks for my 05' sts Cadillac that has electric magnetic control. Do you know where I can purchase this for reasonable price? 154results for Cadillac STS shocks 2005

Apr 02, 2015 | 2005 Cadillac STS

1 Answer

What part & number of part is needed to replace rear shocks in a 2002 Bonneville SLE?

Auto parts store will gladly match replacement part for your car, but how are you going the do the replacement. Mechanics may not install your purchase, as it affects profit for them!

Oct 05, 2012 | 2002 Pontiac Bonneville SLE

2 Answers

Rear Shocks bad what is the cost for shocks

Shacks are in excess of 29.99 to 79.99 plus labor, if your young, do it yourself, raise the car, unscrew the fastening nuts, re-install.

Jul 12, 2011 | 1991 Cadillac DeVille

1 Answer

What do you replace rear shocks with, on a 90 Imperial with auto leveling system as you cannot find new shocks

There are several suppliers of Air Shocks,
Air Struts ,etc.

Ask your auto parts store, and use
your search engine ,to at least find the
manufactures and rebuilders out there

Mar 01, 2011 | 1990 Chrysler Imperial

1 Answer

Where do I put the supports when working underneath 2006 Chevy Malibu? I need to change my rear shocks

Look under the car - you'll see 2 long metal rails ( the frame rails) . Support each side with a 2 ton minimum jack stand fully extended approximately one foot ( 12" ) in front of the rear wheels. Now use your jack ( preferably floor style ) to lift one of the rear wheels to relieve the pressure on the shock. Remove fasteners securing the shock, then remove and replace the shock. If the new shock has a plastic strap attached, do not cut this strap until you have mounted the shock on the vehicle. If you do not have an exposed frame rail, you'll see a "pad" in front of the rear wheel close to the outside of the car - it should be about 10 inches in from the pinch weld and about 12 inches in front of the wheel. Use this pad for the stand and lift the vehicle by the c shaped bar that goes from 1 rear wheel to the other. Do not support the car with just the jack -it could let loose and drop the car on you.
Hope this helps!

Nov 15, 2010 | 2006 Chevrolet Malibu

2 Answers

I have a 1997 Ford Taurus & my hood will slowly start to come down. How do I fix that?

Your hood support shock are bad.You can get replacements at your locale auto parts store.Hope this helps

Sep 28, 2010 | 1997 Ford Taurus

1 Answer

1988 Cadillac brougham needs rear shocks replaced. There is a sensor on that model and Auto store is asking me if i want gas or air shocks, so what ones do i need?

you need to look under the rear of the car and look for air lines to the shocks, or simply call the GM dealer and give them your serial number and they will tell you what was on the build sheet.

Aug 02, 2010 | 1988 Cadillac Brougham

1 Answer

Himy 2007 denali xl. Has a problem with the lift gate. It opens part way then it closes again. It seems as though the gears have moved or the sensor is telling the lift gate that there is something in the...

One or both of the shocks are bad, you can put the liftgate on manual mode by a switch in the overhead console. (see your owners manuel) Look at the shocks, one or both will be leaking oil. You can get the shocks at you local parts store.

Jul 11, 2010 | 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe

1 Answer

Lift kits

if you have old shocks you can measure full out then full in and give that measurement to your lift company of choice. if not then measure from the center of the axle to the top of the wheel well, if your fenders are cut you can measure(on ground) from the top to bottom shock mount and give that measurement to your fav lift shock company. Good Luck

Jun 30, 2008 | 1992 Ford Bronco

Not finding what you are looking for?
1998 Jeep Cherokee Logo

Related Topics:

204 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Jeep Experts


Level 3 Expert

83593 Answers

Colin Stickland
Colin Stickland

Level 3 Expert

22393 Answers

Ronny Bennett Sr.
Ronny Bennett Sr.

Level 3 Expert

6927 Answers

Are you a Jeep Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides