Question about 2001 Chrysler Town & Country
1. Pop off the triangular piece that is just cosmetic on the upper flat part of the mirror where it is attached to the van.
2. Under this piece are two visible bolts which you will need a Torx driver to remove.
3. Open the passenger door all the way open and remove the 3rd bolt, which is exposed from the outside of the car.
4. Expose the wiring harness plug by doing the following:
a. Pull off the door weatherstripping along the top of the door and on the pillar (the part of the car to the left of the windshield) Do not completely remove the weatherstip - simply pull it away enough to execute the next step.
b. Remove the plastic pillar cover: it simply snaps in. Pull hard and it will pop off
c. Lift up the plastic cover over the speaker on top of the dashboard. This piece goes all the way across the dashboard. Simply lift it up enough to get your hands underneath it. There is no need to free it from the passenger side.
d. Follow the mirror wiring harness around the rear of the speaker (the side nearest the engine) and unplug it from the female connector at the right-rear of the speaker. There may be a wire clip at the left-rear of the speaker that you will need to get the wire out of.
5. Unplug the wire, remove the mirror, replace the mirror, reinstall everything
Posted on Jan 15, 2009
If you mean replace, the inside door panel has to come off to get at the nuts holding it on the door.
Posted on Dec 22, 2008
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 02, 2016 | 2008 Ford Edge SEL
Jan 08, 2016 | Ford Cars & Trucks
Dec 16, 2015 | Honda HRV Cars & Trucks
Nov 25, 2017 | 1998 Toyota Sienna
Nov 05, 2010 | 2009 Hyundai Sonata
Jul 20, 2009 | 2007 Suzuki Forenza Sedan
Dec 10, 2017 | Toyota Camry Cars & Trucks
275 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!