How to Replace Wiper Blades Guide (Typical):
Potential tools needed to replace wiper blades:
- Flat blade screwdriver (small)
- Small nosed pliers
- Latex or vinyl gloves
- Safety goggles
To replace wiper blades theactual action of replacing the blade is no big deal, it's the locationof the blade down below the hood that can make it difficult though.Sometimes it helps to open the hood to gain access to the wiper blades.Other times it is helpful if the wiper blade is somewhere in the motionline of wiper action. The trick is to get the wiper to stop somewherein the wiper arc. Turn the wipers to the on position and allow thewipers to start, and then shut the key off when the wiper has arrivedin a desirable position on the windshield. To replace your wiper bladesplease follow the step by step instruction below. Also, watch the How to replace wiper blades
video below to gain additional information. The method in which the wiper blades are attached will vary slightly.
- Step 1: With the hood closed, turn the wiperson, when the wipers are in the middle of their arc turn the key to theoff position. (Note: if this can't be done because of wiper conditionand you want to avoid scratching the windshield please open your hoodto gain access)
- Step 2: Locate the mounting clips at the top pivot on the wiper blade
- Step 3: Release the clip and remove the wiper arm
- Step 4: Match the size of the old blade against the new blade to ensure proper fit and operation
- Step 5: Reinstall the new wiper blade and recheck wiper operation
- Make sure the wiper blades are the same size as the original blades.
- When replacing wiper blades not getting the blade onthe mounting pin completely allowing the wiper arm to become dislodgedand possibly causing damage to the windshield.
- Using wiper blades after the blade has failed permanently damaging the windshield by craving scratches in the wiper arc.
- Wiper blade can create a chattering noise when theblade is not properly balanced allowing the blade to "flop" back andforth as the wiper direction changes.
I hope help you with this (remember rated this help) Good luck.