Question about 1993 Nissan Pathfinder

2 Answers

I am in the process of changing out the starter in a 1993 Nissan Pathfinder. Is there an easy way to get the starter out? We have taken off the tire and gravel shield, but the shock tower is in the way.

Posted by on


2 Answers

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.


    An expert that hasĀ over 10 points.


    An expert whose answer gotĀ voted for 2 times.

    Problem Solver:

    An expert who has answered 5 questions.

  • Contributor
  • 11 Answers

If you remove the rock shield on the front, you can get some extensions and a swivel and come in from that way. It's a tight squeeze any way you go at it though.

Posted on Apr 07, 2009

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.

  • Contributor
  • 1 Answer

I can say i had the same trouble. i had to have my skinniest friend crawl underneath and mostly do the work. its a real tight squeeze and its in there pretty good. might want to getting some jacks or finding a lift? it would save the back.

Posted on Jan 18, 2009


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi there,
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.

Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.

Here's a link to this great service

Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Can you use parts from a 1992 nissan pathfinder on a 1993 nissn pathfinder

depending on the parts you want to exchange
most cars maintain the same parts over the model years until there is a massive engineering change when a totally new model is released

Jul 11, 2015 | 1993 Nissan Pathfinder

2 Answers

My front tires are bigger than my back tires on my 1997 nissan pathfinder is that dangerous?

Your tires should all be the same size, especially since this is a 4 wheel drive vehicle-Change them ASAP.

Mar 16, 2014 | 1997 Nissan Pathfinder

1 Answer

Change starter

You have to take off 2 bolts and the nuts on the ground and power leads its real easy climb under it it on the passenger side of engine towards the back

Aug 07, 2013 | 1993 Nissan Pathfinder

1 Answer

My 1993 nissan pathfinder wont start i get power to everything but when i turn the key nothing happends i replaced the starter and still wont start nothing happends not a sound could you please help

wire may be loose or your ignition switch could be bad hard telling if it was me id just install push button start cheap and easy to bypass all that

Dec 05, 2012 | 1993 Nissan Pathfinder

2 Answers

Where is the starter located on a 1987 nissan pathfinder?

it is located at the bottom rear of the engine at the transmission bell houseing.

May 18, 2010 | 1987 Nissan Pathfinder

1 Answer

How to remove starter motor from 1988 nissan pathfinder? It is so cluttered there, is there an easy way?


Basically, remove the 2 bolts from the bell housing (pretty easy).
But the starter won't have enough clearance to drop down, so it has to be pulled over the cross member that holds the motor mounts, through to the front.

The electrical harness has a bolt that connects it to the engine block. This bolt has to be removed in order to give you enough slack to pull the starter all the way forward. Also, you have to remove the right tie rod and get it out of the way so you can pull the starter through.
Then, disconnect the two wires from the starter and reverse the process with your new starter.

Have a nice day, and thank you for using Fixya.

Mar 07, 2010 | 1988 Nissan Pathfinder

1 Answer

My 1993 nissan pathfinder starts fine 70% of the time. The other 30% of the time it just clicks when I try to start it. Sometimes when it clicks, it will start after a few tries. A couple of times it has...

unfortunatly it probably is the starter the selinoid is starting to go out. either ther or the wire from the battery to the starter has a break in it.

Jun 06, 2009 | 1993 Nissan Pathfinder

1 Answer

Dont start

Have you tired changing/checking the spark plugs? 

Oct 16, 2008 | 1997 Nissan Pathfinder

Not finding what you are looking for?
1993 Nissan Pathfinder Logo

Related Topics:

199 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Nissan Experts


Level 3 Expert

83850 Answers

Colin Stickland
Colin Stickland

Level 3 Expert

22413 Answers

gerry bissi

Level 3 Expert

4387 Answers

Are you a Nissan Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides