I believe one of the doors was left open for a while draining the battery. I have charged the battery, and still no power to turn on the interior lights when I open the door. It seems like there is absolutely no electrical power at all. What is the problem?
Easy to fix! you have to put it in drive and have a friend help you push in reverse for about 1/2 mile and it will recharge the hidden capacitors in the onboard computer. If they completely discharge like yours has just recharging the battery alone won't work. Glad to help!
a 6ya Mechanic can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Mechanic (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
First, the battery replacement indicates you have a short. Either something draining the battery, or a bad alternator. This explains the light problem too. Get the alternator and battery tested at a auto-parts store. All the rest will fall in place.
I had a problem with a loss of power in my Mustang before and believe it or not, it turned out to be my starter. My starter was steadily draining all my power. I was charging the battery while i was at work and i had just enough battery to get home. Then i would charge it over night and same thing next day. Replace your starter and your problems may dissappear:) best of luck!
hi well this looks like the battery is flat, either something has drained it, ie, partly open door (interior light) , boot light not going out, something left on lights? anything like that can cause this to happen, the other thing it might be is that your alternator is not charging the battery, you could get a jump start and get the alternator tested with a volt meter, if it reads less than 13volts on idle it is not charging , if it reads 13 volts on 1000 rpm, its not charging either. it should be 14 to 14.5volts anything over that to means the alternator is u/s as over charging the battery could cause just as much problems as not charging it correctly...hope this helps
it is a bad idea to disconnect the battery of a running car. If the alternator is working it can destroy virtually any electric component that is on. Alot of shops and some auto parts stores offer free charging/starting system tests.(they sell more baterries and alternators)
get a knife switch on the battery , it will complete ly disconnect the battery. then at leats you wont have to charge it. thats all i got youll still have to set the locks etc. perhaps you could get the alarm system deactivated.