Question about 1999 Ford Explorer
This seems like two different vehicles with two different problems. first the 1997 Ford Explorer- with new rotors and pad. I can almost guaranty that the rotor and pads that were replace are "after market" parts. If it is true,then the brake pad are at fault 95% of the time, the other 5% is the rotor. This because alot of after market parts are alot cheaper and are poorly manufactured out of cheap materials. I would recommend Motor-craft rotors and pads for this vehicle and that would take care of this problem. However if it is original parts on the car the dust shield on the hub may be to blamed, may have gotten bent into rotor during brake job. As far as ABS re-learn braking pattern that all BS that's absolutely 100% NOT TRUE. I am ASE certified in brakes and I never heard of such nonsense. As for the 1999 Explorer this problem is the ABS system applying it self prematurely. The sound that you feel on the pedal is when the ABS is active. Most common reason for this is a bad abs/wheel speed sensor, it could have gotten damaged during the brake job or grease or rust or something is between the sensor and sensor gear/ring. I have seen this many times before, just re-check everything. The abs becomes active because it detects a slip or brakes locking up or in your case maybe a false reading from sensor. Good luck and contact me if you need more help
Posted on Dec 17, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 29, 2015 | 2011 Chrysler Town and Country
May 23, 2014 | 1996 Ford Explorer
Feb 21, 2011 | 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Nov 29, 2009 | Ford F Cars & Trucks
Oct 01, 2009 | 1991 Dodge Spirit
Jun 30, 2008 | 1997 Ford Explorer AWD
420 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: