Question about BMW 750
How about on a 2007 bmw 328I
Posted on Jan 06, 2010
BMW 7-Series - Key Remote Programming
Three methods to try:
1. Working from within the vehicle and with the doors shut
2. Turn ignition to position 1 and back to off within 5 seconds.
3. Remove the key from ignition and press and hold the unlock button for 15 seconds during this time press the key lock button 3 times within 5 seconds.
4. Release both buttons.
5. Doors will lock and unlock to show correct programming has occurred.
To do this procedure you need to have one working key and one key that needs to be programmed.
1) Get in and close all doors.
2) Turn on the ignition and turn off quickly. (No more than 5 seconds) to start the process. Next action must take place within 30 seconds.
3) Remove the 1st key.
4) Hold the key up near your left shoulder (this is so it is closer to the remote receiver antenna.
5) Hold down the unlock button and press the lock button 3 times. Release the unlock button and the doors lock which confirms the operation.
6) Quickly repeat steps 4 & 5 for key #2 etc.
If it does not work, try doing the keys in opposite order. Key 2 then key 1, vs 1 then 2.
Alternate if you do not have a working remote
1. Turn key to position 1 five times very quickly 2. Remove key 3. Hold unlock button then press lock button 3 times, release unlock button.
4. If you have another key do the same button pressing within 30 seconds 5. Turn on ignition to finalise.
PLEASE NOTE: This programming procedure programs the remote control part of the key. Any transponder chip for the immobiliser (starting of car) will not be programmed and must be done by a specialist.
Posted on Dec 16, 2008
a 6ya Mechanic can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Mechanic (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 07, 2013 | 1998 BMW 5 Series
Dec 22, 2010 | BMW 3 Series Cars & Trucks
Nov 24, 2010 | 1997 BMW 5 Series
Sep 10, 2010 | BMW 325 Cars & Trucks
Jun 21, 2010 | 2004 BMW 3 Series
Apr 24, 2010 | 1998 BMW 7 Series
Mar 09, 2010 | 2002 BMW 5 Series
Dec 22, 2009 | BMW 3 Series Cars & Trucks
Jun 14, 2009 | 2006 BMW 7 Series
1,343 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: