This is for the 3.9 v6 you did not specify motor size.
Hope this helps, it it does please leave feedback Thank You and Good Luck
The water pump can be removed and installed without discharging the air conditioning system (if equipped).
WARNING: CONSTANT TENSION HOSE CLAMPS ARE USED ON MOST COOLING SYSTEM
HOSES. WHEN REMOVING OR INSTALLING, USE ONLY TOOLS DESIGNED FOR
SERVICING THIS TYPE OF CLAMP, SUCH AS SPECIAL CLAMP TOOL (NUMBER 6094).
SNAP-ON CLAMP TOOL (NUMBER HPC-20) MAY BE USED FOR LARGER CLAMPS.
ALWAYS WEAR SAFETY GLASSES WHEN SERVICING CONSTANT TENSION CLAMPS.
- Disconnect battery negative cable.
- Drain cooling system.
- Do not waste reusable coolant. If solution is clean, drain coolant into a clean container for reuse.
A number or letter is stamped into the tongue of
constant tension clamps. If replacement is necessary, use only an
original equipment clamp with matching number or letter.
- Remove upper radiator hose clamp and hose at radiator.
Fan Blade And Viscous Fan Drive-3.9L/5.2L/5.9L Engines
- The thermal viscous fan drive is attached (threaded) to the water
pump hub shaft. Remove fan/viscous fan drive assembly from water pump
by turning mounting nut counterclockwise as viewed from front. Threads
on viscous fan drive are RIGHT HAND. A Snap-On 36 MM Fan Wrench (number
SP346 from Snap-On Cummins Diesel Tool Set number 2017DSP) can be used.
Place a bar or screwdriver between water pump pulley bolts to prevent
pulley from rotating. Do not attempt to remove fan/viscous fan drive
assembly from vehicle at this time.
- If water pump is being replaced, do not unbolt fan blade assembly from thermal viscous fan drive.
- Remove fan shroud attaching hardware (two bolts at bottom-two clips at top).
- Remove fan shroud and fan blade/viscous fan drive assembly from vehicle as a complete unit.
- After removing fan blade/viscous
fan drive assembly, do not place thermal viscous fan drive in
horizontal position. If stored horizontally, silicone fluid in viscous
fan drive could drain into its bearing assembly and contaminate
- Do not remove water pump pulley bolts at this time.
Automatic Belt Tensioner Assembly-3.9L/5.2L/5.9L Engines
- Remove accessory drive belt as follows: The drive belt
is equipped with a spring loaded automatic tensioner. Relax tension
from belt by rotating tensioner clockwise (as viewed from front). When
all belt tension has been relaxed, remove accessory drive belt.
- Remove four water pump pulley-to-water pump hub bolts and remove pulley from vehicle.
- Remove lower radiator hose clamp and remove lower hose at water pump.
- Remove heater hose clamp and heater hose from heater hose coolant return tube.
Coolant Return Tube-3.9L/5.2L/5.9L Engines-Typical
- Loosen heater hose coolant return tube mounting bolt and remove tube from water pump. Discard the old tube O-ring.
Water Pump Bolts-3.9L/5.2L/5.9L Engines
- Remove seven water pump mounting bolts.
- Loosen clamp at water pump end of bypass hose. Slip bypass
hose from water pump while removing pump from vehicle. Discard old
Do not pry water pump at timing chain
case/cover. The machined surfaces may be damaged resulting in leaks.
Belt Routing-3.9L/5.2L/5.9L Engines