Question about 2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer Ext
I brought a used 2005 Trailbrazer and I want to set the remote. They gave me a brand new remote that wasn't set to my vechicle. They told me to take it to a chevy dealer and let them set the remote. I was wondering how could I do it myself. On some cars you can hold the remote next to the car and it will automatically program itself. How much will this cost me?
The 2005 Trailblazer does allow you to program a remote without having to use a scan tool.
The procedure is as follows:
1. Close all doors
2. Insert key into ignition
3. Hold down the power UNLOCK button on the driver's door panel, continue to hold down
until instructed to release in step 9.
4. Perform steps 5 through 8 in a fairly rapid succession.
5. Turn the ignition to the ON position (as far as you can go without starting the engine.)
6. Turn the ignition to the OFF position.
7. Turn the ignition to the ON position (as far as you can go without starting the engine.)
8. Turn the ignition to the OFF position.
9. Release the power UNLOCK button on the door panel. The vehicle should respond by
door locks locking and unlocking automatically. (If locks do not cycle after you let go,
not before you let go of the unlock button, then the vehicle has not entered programming
mode and you must start procedure over. Remove key from ignition, open drivers door
and return to step 1 ). If the locks do cycle automatically then proceed to step 10.
10. Hold down the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the remote until the doors lock and
unlock. This may take up to 30 seconds.
11. Repeat step 10 NOW for each additional remote. (Including any existing remotes).
12. Turn the ignition to the ON position to exit the programming mode.
13. Test remote(s).
Posted on May 19, 2009
Those remotes need to be set with the obd system.
some cars you can program the remote by turning on and off the ignition,or in other cases the key in and out until the hazards flash,then hit a button and done.
yours has to be set at the dealer
Posted on May 13, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 28, 2015 | 2003 Honda Pilot
Jul 13, 2015 | Hyundai Cars & Trucks
Nov 28, 2014 | Cars & Trucks
Aug 09, 2013 | Cars & Trucks
Feb 10, 2013 | 2005 Suzuki Grand Vitara
Jan 27, 2011 | 2005 Cadillac CTS
Sep 26, 2010 | 1999 Oldsmobile Alero
Jan 31, 2010 | 2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer Ext
271 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!