Question about 1989 Mercedes-Benz Mercedes Benz 500 Class
The radio Anti Theft System has been tripped, But the radio want take the code just four dashes?
If an audio unit with theft protection is disconnected from electrical power, you must enter a unique code number into the unit or it will not work. This code and the audio unit’s serial number are listed on the anti-theft ID card that comes with the vehicle. If this card is lost, you must obtain the audio unit serial number in order to get the radio code. Some newer vehicles allow you to retrieve the audio unit serial number electronically from the radio. Refer to your owner’s manual for the specific procedure. Some older vehicles (model year 2003 and older) require a visit to the dealer in order to retrieve the audio unit serial number. Once you have the audio unit serial number, you can call Auto Customer Service at (800) 999-1009 or have the dealer look up the radio code.
Posted on Aug 30, 2008
must be doing something wrong?? is it a four digit code?? ,failing which a belson radio that comes with usb play ,sd card play ,radio and cd all in one for about 80€ from the big supermarket .i bought one and its brilliant
Posted on Mar 16, 2009
Yes, alot of cars have this feature. It is a anti-theft feature so if it is removed you need a code to unlock the radio (or if the battery is unpluged). If it's an after market deck than it should be in the manual if no manual than try googling it. If it is the factory deck than more than likly you will have to go back to the dealer to get the code. Good luck.
Posted on May 17, 2009
SOURCE: error code: errE on radio
either the radio must be replaced, because honda has problems with the radio. or you need to disconnect the battery for 10 seconds then put in the radio code again
Posted on Sep 06, 2009
*** Please click the "Was this helpful" Yes thumbs up! ***
FREE and EASY methods to get your Honda radio UNLOCK CODE. (Dealerships usually charge)
Assuming you don't have the Anti-Theft Code and Serial Number that is found on the credit card sized Anti-Theft Radio Identification Card that comes with the vehicle at the time of purchase and is usually found in the glove compartment....
You have FREE options to retrieve that code by phone or on the internet BUT, the RADIO SERIAL NUMBER is REQUIRED (no matter what). (see bottom about removing ERROR E3)
***IF your Honda was made BEFORE 2001 the serial number MAY not be accessible without removing the radio from the vehicle.***
* TO GET THE SERIAL NUMBER (so that you can get the unlock code)
1. Get something to write with and on (you'll need it to write down the serial number)
2. Put the ingnition key in and turn it until your able to turn your radio on (accessories position).
3. Then turn your radio OFF by it's knob/button (but leave the ingition key in place).
4. Hold down the preset buttons 1 and 6 at the same time.
5. Turn the radio on while pressing down both the 1 and 6 buttons.(***IF your Honda doesn't have preset buttons on the radio then hold down the top part of the 'Seek/Skip' button AND the top part of the 'Change Disk' button instead.*** )
6. Write down the 4 numbers you see first and then 4 more that display. These eight numbers are the SERIAL NUMBER. This is NOT your CODE.
7. Make sure your VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) is handy to get the unlock code. (can be found on your insurance card, driver's side door jam, small plate on dashboard by registration and inspection stickers, etc)
* TO GET THE UNLOCK CODE (using the radio Serial Number and VIN)
1. Go to https://radio-navicode.honda.com/ (YES, it's run BY HONDA and IT'S FREE)
2. Follow on screen instructions (Serial Number and VIN required)
3. Type in the 5 digit code into your radio. This will unlock the radio and return it to a functional state.
1. Call American Honda Customer Relations (800) 999-1009
2. When the automated message starts 'Press 3' for 'Radio and Navigation Codes'.
3. Tell the Customer Service Agent you need your radio code. (They will ask for your name, your radio's serial number, VIN, etc)
4. When they give you your radio unlock code--WRITE IT DOWN and KEEP IT SAFE!
5. Type in the 5 digit code into your radio. This will unlock the radio and return it to a functional state.
* REMOVING ERROR E3
****If you entered too many wrong codes and got an ERROR E3 message displaying you'll need to do an additional step for even the correct unlock code to work.****
Disconnect your negative battery terminal (or pull the radio fuse out if that's easier for you) for 30 seconds then reconnect it and then the radio will say "CODE" again and you can put in your correct unlock code.
So what happened to begin with?
See also: http://automobiles.honda.com/information/frequently-asked-questions.aspx?Question=2
If the power from your battery to the Honda radio is interrupted the Anti-Theft feature kicks in, the radio is rendered inoperable and the screen reads 'CODE'. You must enter in the Anti-Theft Radio Unlock Code (usually 5 digits) to make it operational again. You know that much by now.
Posted on Sep 09, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 04, 2015 | Mercedes-Benz S-Class Cars & Trucks
Dec 06, 2013 | 1995 Mercedes-Benz C-Class
Mar 01, 2011 | Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Cars & Trucks
Aug 17, 2010 | 2005 Honda Accord
Jul 03, 2010 | 1999 Honda Accord
Feb 16, 2010 | 1992 BMW 5 Series
Oct 18, 2009 | Acura TL Cars & Trucks
Sep 13, 2009 | 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse
May 17, 2009 | 1987 Mercedes-Benz Mercedes Benz 190 Class
Mar 08, 2009 | 1995 Volvo 850
331 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: