The keyless entry system consists of the following components:
- driver door module (DDM)
- keyless entry transmitter
- keyless entry keypad
The driver door module (DDM) receives inputs from the digital transmission range (TR) sensor, ignition switch, brake switch, window/door lock switches, lighting control module (LCM), keyless entry keypad switch and remote transmitter. The DDM outputs consists of keyless entry keypad switch illumination, power door lock actuators, luggage compartment release solenoid, horn relay, and lighting control module (LCM).
- Battery junction box (BJB) fuses:
- Central junction box (CJB)
- 4 (10A)
- 6 (15A)
- 8 (25A)
- 13 (5A)
- Keyless entry keypad switch
- Power door lock actuator
- Luggage compartment release switch
- Luggage compartment release solenoid
- Connectors or connections
- Wiring harness
- If fuse's good have checked for DTC'S - diagnostic trouble codes .
Keyless Entry Circuit Short to Ground
Go To Pinpoint Test E .
Decklid Release Circuit Short to Battery
Go To Pinpoint Test B .
Park/Neutral Switch Circuit Short to Battery
Go To Pinpoint Test K .
Remote Keyless Entry Out of Synchronization
Go To Pinpoint Test L
Need a professional grade scan tool to check fro these codes . Not a code reader for OBD2 codes .
- The doors do not lock/unlock using the remote transmitter
- Remote transmitter not programmed.
- Remote transmitter.
Did you program the new key fob ?
Remote Transmitter Programming
All remote transmitters are programmable and must be set at the same time.
- Turn the key from OFF to RUN four times within three seconds, ending in RUN. The locks will then lock and unlock, confirming program mode has been entered.
- Press any button on each remote transmitter to be programmed. The doors will lock and unlock to confirm that each remote transmitter has been programmed.
- If additonal remote transmitters are to be programmed, repeat Step 3 within 7.5 seconds or steps 2 and 3 if more than 7.5 seconds have elapsed.
- To exit program mode, turn the ignition to START or wait 7.5 seconds.
- NOTE: Failure to wait at least 20 seconds will cause programming failures. Wait at least 20 seconds after turning the key to OFF or after the last remote transmitter has been programmed to activate a remote transmitter for testing or verification