1998 blazer 4 door driver window works both rear does not front passenger only works from driver door replace the master switch did not help all motors are good any ideas or where can i find free schematics on the net so i can trace it out. also does the body control module operate these and could that be the problem
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones). click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Good luck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Check the Black with Violet stripped wire to the master switch for a good ground. Hook a volt meter to battery ground and the other probe to the ground pin at the master switch black ground wire pin in the connector while operating switch. Post results.
Do the individual door switches work their windows? If so, it would be the driver's side door switch, the master switch, that is bad. The fact that one window works off the driver switch means that power for the windows is at least getting to the master switch, and that the ground for all power windows is good. If the other door switches work, it is just the master switch, not a wiring problem.
Do you know anything about automotive electronic's , control module's , using a factory or professional scanner to communicate with said control modules ? Here is a list of componets involved in controlling the power windows ,lock's , driver an passenger door mirrors .
Power Window System Components
The power window system consists of the following components:
• Driver door module (DDM)
• Passenger door module (PDM)
• Body control module (BCM)
• LR power window switch
• RR power window switch
• Window up and window down relays in each of the rear passenger window switches
• Window lockout switch
• Reversible power window motors in each of the doors (circuit breaker protected)
• LT DOOR CB 25A (System power for left rear window)
• RT DOOR CB 25A (System power for right rear window)
The power door lock system consists of the following components:
• Driver Door Module (DDM)
• Passenger Door Module (PDM)
• Liftgate Module (LGM)
• Door lock relay
• Door unlock relay
• Body Control Module (BCM)
• Reversible door lock actuators in each of the doors
• LR/RR LOCKS 10A fuse (relay supply voltage)
• Door lock switches in driver and passenger doors (switches are integral components to the DDM and PDM)
I don't think the switch would be the problem , more then likely broken wire's inside the flex boot from the body to the driver's door . See this more often then the switch going bad . Just replacing parts could get expensive . I would think a power wire or a communicate network wire broke .
If you have a multimeter you can go to the underside of the master panel in the drivers door and independently check the switches for voltage or with no power to the switch assembly check for continuity. Good place to start. If you get continuity to through the switch then you need to check power to the window actuators in the doors.