Hi, the back right door of my 04' jetta wont open. when i try to unlock using both remote key and power unlock in car i just here a weird noise coming from broken door lock? any suggestion? thanks a lot for the help.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1. Start with key out of ignition, drivers door is open all others closed and drivers door is unlocked. 2. Insert key into the ignition (Do NOT Turn) and Pull key out. 3. Perform these steps within 40 seconds. A. Using the power lock switch on the drivers door, perform 5 lock/unlock cycles starting with lock. Use an even pace and try to go about one cycle per second. (1Cycle = 1 lock and 1 unlock). B. Close, then open drivers door. 4. Perform these steps within 40 seconds. A. Using the power lock switch on the drivers door, perform 5 lock/unlock cycles starting with lock. Use an even pace and try to go about one cycle per second. (1Cycle = 1 lock and 1 unlock). B. Insert the key in the ignition cylinder. C. Turn the ignition to ON (Do NOT Start) then back to OFF. D. Remove the key from the ignition. 5. Press any button on remote for a minimum of 1 second. System should now lock and unlock doors once.
6. Close and open drivers door. 7. Press any button on remote for a minimum of 1 second. System should now lock and unlock doors. Once to confirm programming, twice to indicate programming failed. 8. Repeat steps 5, 6 and 7 for additional remotes.
try this,reconnect the new battery and then lock/hold the key over for 30 secs,then unlock/hold the key over for 30 secs,the windows will go down if its trying to reset.then lock/hold over the key again,then press/hold the unlock button on the remote,this will fully reset the cental locking/alarm/immobiliser system.
replace batteries in remotes then put key in door and lock/hold key over for 30 secs,then using the remote press/hold unlock button for 30 secs.then start the car as normal.this only happens when remotes are weak.
try using the remote unlock - then press the remote lock. This works on my 2000 jetta tdi. VW dealership told me $450 job to change door latch and $45 to figure out if it is the latch or the NEW key they programmed a few months ago. By the way - is yours a NEW Key?
If remote locks and unlocks driver door but does not unlock passenger doors,then follow the advice above: Get in the car using the key to unlock the doors. From the passenger
side lock and unlock your doors using the button on the passenger
door. Get out and the remote should now unlock all the doors with 2
presses. Worked perfectly for me after several other suggestions (and dealer) failed.