Question about 2000 GMC Jimmy
I just purchased a 2000 Jimmy. The radio and CD system is in LOC mode. The book said if you do not know the pass-code to reset it, you have to take it to a dealer. Does anyone know how I can reset it without having to pay someone to do it. Thanks.
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 09, 2014 | 1997 GMC Jimmy
Aug 19, 2013 | Chevrolet Cars & Trucks
1. Turn the ignition ON (The radio should display "LOC")
2. Hold down the Radio Presets 2 and 3 buttons for six seconds
radio display changes from LOC to a three-digit number. Write this
number down. You now have fifteen seconds to complete the next step.
4. Press the AM/FM button
5. The radio display changes to another three-digit number. Write this number to the right of the first one.
6. You now have a six-digit number, the first three digits are from STEP 03 and the last three digits are form STEP 05
7. Call 1-800-537-5140
8. Press 1 then # (pound). You'll hear "Invalid Code, try again"
9. Press 139010 or 106010 or 206010 or 202107 then # (pound). You will be asked to enter your four or six digit code followed by *
10. Enter the number from STEP 6 then *
11. Listen to the four-digit number and write it down. It will be repeated twice
12. Turn the ignition ON (The radio displays LOC)
13. Use the MN and HR buttons to enter the code from STEP 11
14. Press the AM/FM button. The radio display changes to "SEC". Your radio is now "un-locked" and usable.
Mar 27, 2011 | 2000 Chevrolet Corvette
Dec 19, 2010 | 1997 Chevrolet Blazer
Aug 24, 2010 | 2000 Oldsmobile Bravada
May 16, 2010 | 2000 GMC Jimmy
May 05, 2010 | 2000 Chevrolet Silverado
Feb 15, 2010 | 2000 Saturn Ls 4dr Sedan
Jun 30, 2008 | 1999 GMC Jimmy
158 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!