Question about 2001 Ford F350 Super Duty SuperCab
I have a 2006 F350 powerstroke diesel and the blower for the heater only seems to work on the 1st level, cranking the dial to 4 (maximum) does not increase the heater output. Is it my blower motor that is toast or is there a power regulator that may be not working?
Change out the resistor for the fan motor it is next to the fan motor on a red plate in the air box
Posted on Jul 25, 2009
you may have a bad plug wire to the back of the alternator you can test that with a light tester but when you replace a alternator in a diesel at start up it takes about 35 secands before the unit will kick on
Posted on Apr 07, 2009
Removal & Installation 1. Disconnect the positive and negative battery cables.
2. Raise and safely support the vehicle.
3. Remove the starter terminal cover.
4. Remove the terminal nut and separate the battery starter cable from the starter motor.
5. Disconnect the solenoid (S) terminal connector, if equipped with a starter mounted solenoid.
ø To disconnect the hard-shell connector from the solenoid (S) terminal, grasp the plastic shell and pull off; do not pull on the wire. Pull straight off to prevent damage to the connector and (S) terminal.
6. Remove the starter motor retaining bolts.
7. Remove the starter motor from the vehicle.
8. Place the starter motor in position and install the starter motor retaining bolts. Tighten the bolts to 15-20 ft. lbs. (20-27 Nm).
9. Install the battery starter cable and a terminal nut to the starter motor. Tighten the terminal nuts to 79 inch lbs. (9 Nm).
10. Connect the solenoid (S) terminal connector, if equipped with a starter mounted solenoid.
11. Install the starter solenoid safety cap. If equipped.
12. Lower the vehicle.
13. Connect the positive and negative battery cables.
14. Start the engine several times to check starter motor operation
Posted on May 27, 2009
look for a fusible link out. You need to check for output on the alternator that you installed. make sure the batteries are fully charged before that, otherwise its not going to read right. start from the source. also, you can disconnect the batteries from the sys and do a continuity check on the wires in the loom, so you can see if current has a path, or if you have an open circuit. hope this helps
Posted on Jul 25, 2009
Glow Plug: Service and Repair
1. CAUTION: Do not pull on the wiring to remove the glow plug connector or damage may occur.
NOTE: Only one glow plug connector shown.
Using the special tool, remove the glow plug harness.
2. NOTE: If coolant residue is found on the glow plug, a new glow plug sleeve may have to be installed.
Remove the glow plug.
1. Install the glow plug.
- Tighten to 19 Nm (14 lb-ft).
2. Clean and apply clean engine oil to the O-ring seals.
3. Using the special tool, install the glow plug harness.
There is a speed sensor on each front hub and one on top of the differential.
Posted on Sep 22, 2009
does it have acentre bearing in the tail shaft ?if so ,fhat is more than likely the problem .also check that all the tail shaft yoke s are in line,they only have to be 1 spline out togive those symptoms ,a rumble ,is definatly coming from the driveline
Posted on Nov 13, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 15, 2016 | Cars & Trucks
Apr 03, 2015 | Ford Cars & Trucks
Jul 18, 2013 | Cars & Trucks
Feb 18, 2012 | 2003 Ford F350 Super Duty DRW SuperCab
Aug 12, 2010 | 2001 Ford F350 Super Duty SuperCab
Jan 26, 2010 | 2001 Ford F350 Super Duty SuperCab
Jan 07, 2010 | 2006 Ford F 350 Super Duty
May 06, 2009 | 1996 Ford F350 Crew Cab
Nov 24, 2008 | 2004 Ford F350
Apr 28, 2014 | 2001 Ford F350 Super Duty SuperCab
726 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: