1. Disconnect negative cable from remote jumper terminal. WARNING: Do not remove pressure cap with the system hot and under pressure because serious burns from coolant
2. Drain cooling system
3. Remove accessory drive belt for removal of the generator.
4. Raise vehicle on hoist.
5. Remove generator attaching bolts. Set generator aside for ease of access to thermostat.
6. Remove lower radiator
and heater hoses from thermostat housing.
7. Remove thermostat housing bolts.
8. Remove thermostat and housing.
1. Clean gasket sealing surfaces. NOTE: Install thermostat with the bleed valve located at the 12 o'clock position.
2. Install thermostat and gasket into the thermostat housing.
3. Install thermostat and housing to cylinder block. Tighten attaching bolts to 12 Nm (106 inch lbs.) .
4. Connect heater and lower radiator hoses. Install hose clamps
5. Install generator and attaching bolts.
6. Lower vehicle.
7. Install accessory drive belt.
8. Refill cooling system (see Cooling System Refilling).
9. Connect negative cable to remote jumper terminal.
Read more: how do i replace the themostat on a 1998 dodge intrepid 2.7 - JustAnswer http://www.justanswer.com/dodge/0zp9h-replace-themostat-1998-dodge-intrepid-2-7.html#ixzz1yD7y4ULx