I have a 2003 Oldsmobile Alero and the dome light won't turn on when I open the front doors. It will turn on when I open the back doors however. It only recently changed to not working when the front passenger side door opens. Not only will the dome light not come on, but the radio/clock doesn't always shut off when I open the front driver's side door.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
there are at least 3; 1 is using the dash light switch-turn all the way up;2 that show 4 lights on it-push it and it will turn them off-push it again and it will turn them on; three push on one end or the other end of the actual light.
Hi Locate the switch in the door jam and exercise it to try to make it worl. Spray some lube in it. Some models have the option to NOT turn on dome light when doors open.. Does it not work for all doors???? That will be in the owners manual. You can find that online Good luck
I could be a door switch.
1. switch dome light to door
2. close all the doors
3. open each door one by one. if the dome light comes on then you know that switch is good.
4. closed the door and wait for the dome light to turn off then move on to the next door.
5. If you find a door that does not turn on the dome light than bingo you have a bad door switch.
* the door switch may be your problem because of the constant abuse of slamming, closing , and opening the doors.
* This test is not 100%. it is just a visual test. and sometimes with a simple visual test you can diagnose your problem while saving time, and $