Question about 2000 Dodge Stratus
SOURCE: remote keyless power door locks,
I am not sure that these two problems are necessarily related. The fuse for the power door locks is located behind the fuse block. Remove the two bolts holdiong the block in and find the one fuse on the back.
The cruise control is usually a brake or clutch switch. Or possibly if you happened to install LED brake lights?
Posted on Jul 26, 2008
SOURCE: remote keyless entry
“CUSTOMER LEARN” MODE
This feature is only available on domestic vehicles or those which have a U.S. country code designator. This procedure requires access to at least two valid Sentry Keys. If two valid Sentry Keys are not available, Sentry Key programming will require the use of a scan tool.
The steps required to program Sentry Keys with two valid Sentry Keys follows:
1. Obtain the blank Sentry Key(s) that need to be programmed. Cut the keys to match the ignition lock cylinder mechanical key codes. 2. Insert one of the two valid Sentry Keys into the ignition switch and turn the ignition switch to the ON position. 3. After the ignition switch has been in the ON position for longer than three seconds, but no more than fifteen seconds, cycle the ignition switch back to the OFF position. Replace the first valid Sentry Key in the ignition lock cylinder with the second valid Sentry Key and turn the ignition switch back to the ON position. The second valid Sentry Key must be inserted within 15 seconds of removing the first valid Sentry key. 4. About ten seconds after the completion of Step #3 , the indicator light will start to flash and a single audible chime tone will sound to indicate that the system has entered the "Customer Learn" programming mode. 5. Within sixty seconds of entering the "Customer Learn" programming mode, turn the ignition switch to the OFF position, replace the valid Sentry Key with a blank Sentry Key transponder, and turn the ignition switch back to the ON position. 6. About ten seconds after the completion of Step #5 , a single audible chime tone will sound and the indicator light will stop flashing and stay on solid for three seconds and then turn off to indicate that the blank Sentry Key has been successfully programmed. The SKREES will immediately exit the "Customer Learn" programming mode and the vehicle may be started using the newly programmed Sentry Key.
NOTE: The Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) Transmitter will also be programmed during this procedure. These steps must be completed in their entirety for each additional Sentry Key to be programmed. If any of the above steps are not completed in the given sequence, or within the allotted time, the SKREES will exit the "Customer Learn" programming mode and the programming will be unsuccessful. The SKREES will also automatically exit the "Customer Learn" programming mode if:
NOTE: If you attempt to start the vehicle while in “Customer Learn” mode (LED flashing), the vehicle will behave as though an invalid key is being used (i.e. the engine will stall after two (2) seconds of running). No faults will be logged.
NOTE: Once a Sentry Key has been programmed to a particular vehicle, it cannot be used on any other vehicle.
Posted on Aug 05, 2008
SOURCE: program remote keyless entry
1) Turn key from OFF to ON eight times within 10 seconds ending in the ON position.
2) After doors lock then unlock, press any button on the
remote being programmed.
3) The doors should lock/unlock to confirm programming.
4) Turn key to OFF and door locks should cycle one last time.
Posted on Aug 17, 2008
SOURCE: How to program keyless remote
I just had to buy one too and these are the instructions I was given by the guy I bought it from. I haven't tried them yet. Hopefully they work for us both :).
1.Find the ETACS unit under the steering wheel first,there is a small switch onit.
2.Once the switch is located make sure your key is not in the ignition and set the switch from off to set.
3.Press keyfobs door lock button for one second, this sends the codes to the ETACS and stores it.
4.Do the same thing if you have 2 remotes for the vehile.
5.Now set the ETACS switch from set to off.
6.Remotes should now be programed.
Posted on Jan 19, 2009
from the service manual:
There is no onboard programming procedure for this vehicle. This vehicle requires special equipment be connected to the vehicle to program the keyless remote. Please go to the nearest GM dealer for assistance
Posted on Mar 26, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 19, 2017 | Cars & Trucks
Sep 27, 2016 | 2001 Ford Crown Victoria
Oct 20, 2012 | Cars & Trucks
Jun 05, 2010 | 1997 Ford Windstar
Oct 12, 2009 | 2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer
Sep 24, 2009 | 2006 Chrysler Town & Country
Mar 19, 2009 | 2002 Chevrolet Blazer
Oct 22, 2008 | 1996 Ford Explorer
Jul 25, 2008 | 2000 Ford Focus
58 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!