There are 2 or 3 ways to approach this. 1, the owners manual may tell you, the dealer can tell you (and change it), you can open it up and take it out and read the size on the battery. They are readily available. Be careful not to touch the new battery with your fingers (use tissue or gloves) as the oil on your fingers will cause it not to work or shorten its life.
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.
Re: battery low on key fob
All fob batteries are different. You can open it by using a butter knife . put the knife in the split of the key fob and pry it open. If it has a screw on the back remove the screw. then you can see what type of battery you have.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
If it isnt something as simple as a Flat or Low Car Battery it could be the key fob battery.
Sounds as if the imoboliser unit is playing up because of a battery fault..
Check the battery is not low in your key fob.
It is probably easier to Just change the battery in the key fob and should be just a few Pounds or Dollars .
This model year comes equipped with Keyless Enter-N-Go, which uses an electronic transmitter in the key fob to communicate with the car. The vehicle's doors will not unlock and the vehicle will not start if the key fob is not matched to the vehicle or if the commonly-available watch battery in the key fob has been depleted. The EVIC will flash a message upon vehicle startup if it determines that the battery in your key fob is low on charge and should be replaced.
To open the doors, try the following:
1. Use the spare key fob that came with the vehicle. If the battery in your main key fob is depleted, the spare key fob's battery may still retain charge due to its much more occasional use.
2. The key fob comes with an emergency key inside of it. To remove the emergency key, slide the mechanical latch on the back of the key fob sideways with your thumb and then pull the key out with your other hand. This key will allow you to unlock the driver's side door and glove compartment. It will not start the vehicle.
To start the car with a severely-depleted key fob battery, try the following:
1. In case the ignition switch does not change with the push of a button, the RKE transmitter (Key Fob) may have a low or dead battery. In this situation a back-up method can be used to operate the ignition switch. Put the nose side (side opposite of the emergency key) of the Key Fob against the ENGINE START/STOP button and push to operate the ignition switch.
To replace the battery in your key fob, try the following:
1. Remove the emergency key from the key fob following the directions above.
2. Using a vinyl spudger tool or a flat-bladed screwdriver, gently pry the two halves of the key fob apart at the indented slot above the slot for the emergency key.
3. Replace the depleted battery with a new battery. Use the depleted battery to visually match the size. The battery is usually available wherever watch or hearing-aid batteries are sold.
4. Snap the key fob back together and replace the emergency key. If the issue is a depleted battery, your key fob should operate normally.
If the issue is not related to the state of the battery, you will probably need to contact your local dealer for service.
I just figured out how to change the battery in the Advanced (keyless) fob for my 2010 Mazda CX9. You just need to take out the physical key, and use a small flat-head screwdriver to pop off the back cover. Then there is a black battery cover with an o-ring that just pulls up to reveal the CR-2032 Battery. Here are some pictures to explain better:
Did you try replacing the battery in the original key chain? There is a small watch battery inside that needs replacing from time to time. Your car manual will tell you how to use the keychain after changing the battery to it.
Some late model fobs contain electronics beyond the push buttons.
Batteries are replaceable...small screws may let you do this.
If the battery is not the cause....a replacement fob may be expensive. A road service technician can probably troubleshoot and replace cheaper than dealer !
hi, this message is warning you that the battery in the key fob is going flat if this battery goes totally flat you wont be able to start your car as its this signal from the key fob that turns the imobiliser off so with out this fob your car wont start so its best you get the battery changed sooner rather than later.
Let me know how you get on or if you need further assistance ok
Hello and thank you for choosing fixya.com. I would suggest taking your vehicle to a local auto parts store and request to have a diagnosis done. (while auto stores vary, this is usually a free service and only takes a couple minutes to complete) to see if any codes are brought up. If so, the representative can tell you what the codes mean, and what needs replaced or repaired. Let them know of the situation. Even if no codes show up, ask them to clear the codes. If this does not work, do the following. 1: make sure that the batter in your key fob is inserted correctly, and that it is the correct size and type. 2. Disconnect the + Positive cable on your battery. This will reset your the vehicles computer. Maybe this will allow the vechile to code up with the fob. If not, I would take it to dealership, or backto an auto part store for further assitance.
I thank greatly for choosing fixya.com. I hope this information is useful to you and helps you get your fob working again. Let me know if you need further assistance, or have any questions or comments. Feel free to rate this information at your earliest convenience.