1996 Volvo 850 wagon sputtered @ intersection smell of antifreeze
Tonight driving home approaching a stop sign felt a little loss of power and then car went completely off. Tried to restart all light on dash lit up, cranked but wouldn't start. Got out popped hood, puddle under car. Smell of antifreeze. Then battery died from flashers on for 5 min (battery is only 2 yrs old) jumped battery tried to restart car started and then sputtered out & so did battery. Would it be head gasket?? Alternator?? Thanks
I would check that the auxilliary drive belt that runs the alternator and probably the water pump hasn't just broken, causing the engine to overheat and the battery to run flat. Just a suggestion, hope it helps.
a 6ya Mechanic can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Mechanic (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Hi, I have a 1996 Volvo wagon 850 turbo. I just bought it and when you hold the rpm's at 3 and a half it was blowing out smoke after about 600 miles it stoped smelling like burning oil and doesn't blow out any smoke. But I use a court of oil in about every 150 miles. What could this be?
your car should have 134-A in it and if you go by a walmart,autozone there you be able to get a charge hose and you pickup two cans of 134-A and the hose will only fit on the low side and then you have the car on the A/C on max and the blower on high an give it a little gas and before you know it your car is charge.
You may have pinched a wire in the window pillar, the dome lamp is part of this circuit. remove the screws you put in and see if the problem stops. it this works, then remove the window pillar inner cover and move the wire harness out of harms way.
it is a problem w/ignition wires put a NEW not used set of wires and it should run fine even after you dry old wires the problem that you have will not go away had the same problem with 850 turbo NEW IGNITION WIRES should solve your problem