How to program my new control remote to my Honda passport 2000
Try this please!
'98 - '02 Isuzu Rodeo and Trooper and Honda Passport(with factory keyless entry) Instructions for programming.
1. Get in car and make sure all doors are unlocked.
2. Open driver's door and leave open.
3. Put key in ignition.
4. Turn key to 'on position' (dash lights on, but do not start) and back to 'off position' 3 times in 5 seconds or less. (you must turn the key very fast)
5. Close and open driver's door 2 times in 5 seconds or less.
6. Turn key to 'on position' and back to 'off position' 5 times in 5 seconds or less. (turn key very fast)
7. Close and open driver's door the doors should lock and unlock twice after this happens push the lock or unlock button on the remote, doors will lock and unlock. Push the lock or unlock button a second time and doors will lock and unlock again. You are finished! The above sequence erases all previous codes and adds the new code as #1. If you are adding a second remote, you should follow the same sequence with the exception of step 6; instead of turning the key to the 'on position' and back to the 'off position' 5 times in 5 seconds or less, do it 3 times in 5 seconds or less and then continue to step 7. ***Remember to turn the key to the on and off position very fast.
This works! Follow directions EXACTLY. I had to try 3-4 times before getting it to work. I failed to go exactly by the instructions the first few times.
Jan 03, 2013 |
Cars & Trucks