1. Raise and support vehicle.
2. Remove tire and wheel assembly, then install modified outer seal protector No. J34754, or equivalent, Fig.3 .
3. Remove lower ball joint cotter pin and nut, then loosen ball joint from steering knuckle using tool No. J-29330, or equivalent.
4. Position a suitable pry bar between suspension support and lower control arm and separate lower ball joint from steering knuckle. On some models, it may be necessary to remove nut attaching link to stabilizer shaft.
5. Locate center of rivet body and mark with a center punch.
6. Using a 1/8 inch drill, drill pilot holes completely through rivets. Using a 1/2 inch drill, drill final holes through rivets to ensure fitting of new ball joint.
7. Remove ball joint from lower control arm.
8. Assemble new ball joint to lower control arm with bolts provided in service package, Fig.9 . Tighten bolts to specifications.
9. Insert ball joint stud into steering knuckle and tighten nut to specifications, then install cotter pin.
10. Install wheel and tire and check front wheel alignment.
I hope this helps you.