The driver side front seat back bends on the right side. So for example if you are sitting in the seat the right part of your body leans towards the back seat. It started when I was reaching for my wallet and was pushing against the seat back. I felt it "giving" so I let up but the seat never recovered its rigidity. Any information would be appreciated.
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert who has finished #1 on the weekly Top 10 Fixya Experts Leaderboard.
An expert that got 20 achievements.
An expert that got 10 achievements.
Re: driver side front seat back bends
The seat back frame is broken, in most cases it can be welded but all the trim must be removed and the seat dis-assembled down to just the frame, any upholstery shop can do this job for u, about $100-200
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Code 22 is the drivers side seat restraint/airbag circuit. Most people solve this by cleaning and improving the connectors on under the plastic cover on between the seat and the door, against the floor. You remove the cover by putting the seat right up and sliding the cover off towards the front of the car. You can then unplug the exposed plugs, spray in some kind of cleaner, and maybe compress/bend the pins and female side to make sure they are mconnecting solidly.
1st you do realize that the zones on this auto are adjustable from side to side not just front to rear??? , 2nd this auto has an electronic temp control that auto selects whether or not it blows hot or cold on that sides seating area biased on the temp settings of the person in that seat (body temp) , I guess its possible that the dash control module for this could be defective , but its been my own experience that if no one is sitting in that seat it gets a little "confused" and seems to cycle between cold and hot , one can only feel this if you direct all the vents towards the drivers side , simple fix is not to cross direct the vents over to opp. sides , as it will maintain (if working properly) a comfortable setting on drivers side (what ever set temp is )
Try to lift up the whole bucket seats from the drivers side towards the right. Use the back seatbelt to hang the bucket seats. The engine is right inside the front row seats. That is where you can remove the engine thru drop it down..
pull the 2 rubber plugs and the seats they are pushed into out, then on the front side on the light (by the back door not the hatch) very gently place a flat head screw driver between the light and the body panel and pull the handle on the screw driver toward the back of the car so you dont scratch the outside of the body panel... the light should pop out of the two rubber seats it sets in
#1,2,3,4 are on the passenger side or right side when sitting in the vehicle,starting from the front of the engine towards the firewall---#5,6,7,8 are the left side starting from front of the engine toward the firewall.Both sides are in order so the front right side(as you are sitting in the vehicle) the #3 coil is the 3rd one back,and #8 is the left side(as you are sitting in the vehicle)last one before the firewall
Just did my 2002 Grand Caravan today,
The filter will come with 3-hoses attached.
Use Safety Goggles to protect eyes from gasoline splash!
1. Disconnect Negative Side of Battery.
2. Depressurize the fuel system.
3. Jack up rear of vehicle. Use Jack Stands to support the vehicle.
4. Chock the front wheels
5. Use Jack with wood and raise up to the fuel tank (just to meet/touch) on the right side (midway portion) of the fuel tank.
6. Loosen and Remove 15mm bolt on middle-right side fuel tank strap-to-body.
7. Loosen and Remove 15mm bolt on rear-right side fuel tank strap-to-body.
8. Loosen and Remove the front 13mm bolt on the front fuel tank strap-to-body.
9. Slightly lower the jack - the right of the tank should begin to drop down 3-4 inches. NOT TOO MUCH: there is wiring connections you may damage!
10: Disconnect the body to fuel tank strap ground from the body.
11. On electrical connections:
a. Slide: Push/Pull back red connector lock.
b. Push on top of release.
c. Pull off the connector.
12. There are three fuel connections/hoses.
a. One on right side - towards the front.
b Two on the top of the tank on the pump. Note how far these are down on the white tubing connections.
13. The fuel connectors are quick connect type. At the top of the connectors are colored protruding tabs. Squeeze those tabs together and pull hose away.
14. If the colored locks remain on the tubes (not the filter hoses) bend the wings away from the tube and this will free them from the tubes.
154 The Filter is connected with a 10mm bolt. Unbolt and remove filter and hoses
When replacing: make sure you fully seat the hose connections. You should hear a click, and observe their position compared to earlier.
Before putting everything back together, reconnect the electrical switch and negative side of battery. Start van and check for leaks.