Question about 1995 Ford F350
1. Make sure you have the correct part. This depends on the serial number of your engine which should be located on a sticker below the front of the plastic cover for the fuel bowl. Neither Ford or International calls it a "CPS", Ford calls it a CMP sensor and International calls it a CAMP sensor.
Ford Part #'s: Before engine serial #375549 F6T012K073A
Serial #375549 and above F7T012K073A
International Part #'s: Before engine serial #375549 1821720C98
Serial #375549 and above 1825899C93
2. Remove the #9 fuse under the hood (not in the dash).
3. You may want to remove the belt for easier access, but it's not necessary.
4. Disconnect the CMP sensor electrical connector. The sensor is located towards the bottom left on the front of the engine. You'll see the single wire bundle going to the sensor.
5. Remove the old CMP sensor using a 10mm socket. Be careful not to round off the bolt (there is only 1). It's on there real tight and is tough to get to.
6. Take the new CMP sensor and coat the seal with either motor oil or Vaseline and intall it. Install the bolt and reconnect the wire connector.
7. Reinstall the #9 fuse under the hood and you should be ready to go.
Posted on Dec 01, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 25, 2011 | 2005 Ford F 250 Super Duty
Mar 15, 2011 | 1994 Dodge Stealth
Dec 06, 2010 | 1995 Ford F250
Nov 23, 2010 | Ford F-250 Cars & Trucks
Mar 25, 2010 | 2000 Ford F250 Super Duty Crew Cabs
Jan 17, 2010 | 2001 Ford F250 Super Duty Super Cab
Nov 18, 2009 | 2002 Ford F250 Super Duty SuperCab
Jul 19, 2009 | 2005 Ford F 350 Super Duty
Jun 10, 2009 | 1994 Ford F250 Supercab
Jul 21, 2008 | 1994 Eagle Talon
163 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: