2 days ago the drivers side power door would not open all the way with either the paddle or the button. It would stop after opening only about 5-6 inches. Today, the paddle and the button would not work at all! When trying to open the doors, all I got was a clicking noise. Help!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1. Sit in vehicle,
on seat next to problematic window 2. Ignition key is on 3. Door
in question is opened (in case you closed it) 4. While door is open,
press and hold power window button in desired window travel, keep
button pressed !! 5. SLAM hard the door closed with one hand while
other hand holds button as per #4. 6. Watch window operate as it
7. Repeat 3-6 if necessary, but usually the first try works!
1. Sit in vehicle 2. Ignition key is on 3. Door in question is opennd (in case you closed door) 4. While door is open, press and hold power window button in desired window travel, keep button held 5. Pull to SLAM hard door closed with one hand while other hand holds button as per #4. 6. Watch window operate as it should.
7. Repeat steps 3-6 if necessary, usually the first try works!
This may be a temporary fix, works for few months or longer, repeat procedure when it fails again... :-)
could be a partially broken wire in the wiring harness that runs in the door track. the wires are inside what looks like a plastic chain that allows it to move with the door and have seen them partially break not allowing power to flow the whole time