Question about 2000 Oldsmobile Alero

2 Answers

Have a fuel leak

I found the leak but need to know what the part is called, it's at the fuel rail on top passenger side and looks like a fuel regulator. it's on a 2000 olds alero with the 2.4L 4 cylinder engine. I looked up a regulator on the net and doesn't look like what I have. can you help me out here?
Scott From Indiana

Posted by on


2 Answers

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.


    An expert whose answer got voted for 2 times.

  • Contributor
  • 1 Answer

Yes, this is the fuel pressure regulator. Mine is doing the very same thing ( leaking ) and tomorrow I am off to the parts store to get another. I posted a question elsewhere here about if there was anything that I should know about replacing this unit and I am still awaiting a reply. I do know that places like Advance Auto sell this little unit for around $65. I have seen it cheaper online, but I wish to not wait any longer ( can anyone say fire hazard ? ) and replace this ASAP.

Posted on Jan 01, 2009

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    Vice President:

    An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.

  • Master
  • 405 Answers

Probably is regulator, go to parts store and ask to see one for your car.

Posted on Dec 26, 2008


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi there,
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.

Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.

Here's a link to this great service

Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

2 Answers

Where is the fuel filter located at on a 1989 chrysler Lebaron

On 1989 Chrysler Lebaron 2.2L TBI 4cyl the Fuel Filter is located under vehicle, passenger side, below trunk area, next to fuel tank, mounted in fuel line.

Hope this helps; remember to rating this answer leaving a testimonial comments. Have a nice day.

Oct 17, 2011 | 1989 Chrysler LeBaron

1 Answer

Are there fuel filters in the canisters on the passenger side frame rail on a 87 dakota?

No, the fuel filter is under the hood, front passenger side of the motor. Look below the alternator. What you found on the frame is the "vapor canister", has to do with emissions.

Aug 15, 2011 | 1987 Dodge Dakota

1 Answer

Where do the fuel lines run for a 86 dodge diplomat i have a leak underneth the engine?

Your fuel lines run along passenger side frame rail. From the fuel tank over axle and along inside of frame rail (pass side)

Feb 18, 2011 | 1986 Dodge Diplomat

1 Answer

Where do I check the rubber hoses for a vacuum leak for the fuel rail pressure sensor. In other words where is it located? Thanks, Mike From previous post for code P0191 <<The fuel rail...

the fuel rail pressure sensor is located in between the high pressure line and the fuel rail on the passenger side. It will have 1 vacuum hose and one connector going to it.

I’m happy to assist further over the phone at

Nov 30, 2010 | 2006 Ford Five Hundred

2 Answers

My toyota camry v6 le is leaking fuel, i found the leak but i don't know that thing called to where the leak is coming from , it looks like cowboy hat that has a big not from the bottom and the top of the...

if it is on the end of the fuel rail (where the injectors are) it is the pressure regulator which can be replaced by unbolting it. might just be the o-ring on the regulator itself

Apr 16, 2010 | 1998 Toyota Camry

2 Answers

1988 300zx non turbo 2+2 need to change fuel filter don't know where to locate it on vehicle. warning.. female operator :-)

It is under the hood, on the passenger side, on the side of the strut tower, mounted in fuel line hose. If you are having a hard time finding it trace your gas line back from your injection rail/throttle body and you will run right into it, can't miss it.

Apr 08, 2010 | 1988 Nissan 300ZX

1 Answer

Lately my dodge 1997 intrepid takes a few turns of the key to start. It never had that problem before.

if i recall the 3.5l engine had the habit of leaking fuel at front top of engine. it is a steel pipe that goes from one fuel rail to the other, the orings leak. just give it a little push down while running and if orings are bad it will spray fuel [stand to the side when doing this]
also the plastic fuel rails were known for cracking.
both of these concerns were recalled on some model years call local dealer to see if yours is covered. the 3.3l had a fuel rail recall as well.
reason i mentioned these is if there is a leak the gas will drain back to tank or slowly leak out so when you try to start engine it will crank longer because fuel pressure will have to build back up

Apr 04, 2010 | 1997 Dodge Intrepid

1 Answer

Replace fuel rail

check fuel inlet and return lines for leaks.also check for leaks at fuel pressure regulator and fuel injectors.

Dec 13, 2009 | 2002 Chevrolet Impala

1 Answer

Gas line leak. looking for a diagram of how gas lines are run

The Lines are simple if it's a 2.4 EFI the lines run on the driver side inner rail from the center top of fuel tank, and up the middle of the firewall to the injector rail or throttle body carburetor there is also one line that runs from the evap canister back to the tank and to the fuel system three lines total one is a return line the large line is the main fuel line and has the fuel filter mounted on it and is under the driver side door inside the frame rail.

Jun 24, 2009 | 1995 Nissan Pickup

1 Answer

Call me slow or just lazy

the fuel filter should be located on the passenger side frame rail under the car. look for a canister with a line going in and coming out with screw-on type fittings. if its not on the passenger side check the drivers side. i've changed them before i can't remember which side its on.

Feb 17, 2009 | 2003 Chevrolet Blazer

Not finding what you are looking for?
2000 Oldsmobile Alero Logo

240 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Oldsmobile Experts


Level 3 Expert

81400 Answers

Colin Stickland
Colin Stickland

Level 3 Expert

22359 Answers

Jeffrey Turcotte
Jeffrey Turcotte

Level 3 Expert

8841 Answers

Are you an Oldsmobile Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides