I have to use th e key to open drivers door and then unlock all other doors and boot separately. Someone has told me that you can replace the hydraulic motor/switch fairly cheaply but I can't find a manual to see how it all works. HELP !!!
You may have to reprogram your key. If you turn the key twice to the unlock position while the key is in the door, it should unlock all the doors.
try this to reprogram your key after battery replacement. Procedure
1. Switch Ignition ON and leave the key in the ignition. 2. Mechanically lock the vehicle using the Drivers door using a second key. 3. Using the remote control press the Unlock button once, and the horn will sound once. 4. Wait 6 seconds and press the unlock button once to activate the coding procedure. The remote control will now be programmed.
NOTE : When performing programming on additional remotes the procedure is the same, except you press the unlock button 2, 3 or 4 times for the different remote. For example : If programming 2 remotes press the unlock button twice with a 1 second interval between each press, repeat for 3 and 4 remotes.
5. Switch Ignition OFF. 6. Remove key from ignition and check for operation. 7. The coding procedure can be repeated up to 4 times for additional remotes. 8. The ignition must be switched OFF between programming each remote control.
Remote Control Erasing (1997 ON)
1. Switch Ignition ON and leave the key in the ignition. 2. Mechanically lock the vehicle using the Drivers door using a second key. 3. Press the remote control unlock button 5 times in 1 second intervals. A short horn will sound. 4. Wait 6 seconds and press the unlock button once to activate memory erase. 5. Switch ignition OFF, all remotes are now erased.
Before you spend bigger amount, check the battery in the key. Usually a CR2032 battery can be find there. (Open the Keyfob by inserting an object into the key ring holder and pulling the top and bottom apart, Seperate the two halfs, Open the top half to expose the battery... )
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
turn key twice when opening, ie turn right. once drivers door will unlock, turn twice passengers doors will unlock, and locking is turn anti clock wise once will lock all doors, turn twice will set door dead locks.dead locks will stop openand lock internal button working and handle from opening door. the same actions can be applied to the remote one press drivers door, two press passenger doors, press and hold unlock button for 5 seconds and rear window will open.
All locking and unlocking is done through the switch on the drivers door lock. Put the key in the drivers door and lock and unlock several times. See if the boot opens then. Or make sure you haven't hit the lockout button on the drivers door that stops anyone else from opening their doors. (Including the boot.)
is yours the renault keycard to start and open doors?if it is a know these cards can go faulty.they were bad on renault laguna.the switch breaks off the board inside card.can be soldered back on.think you can get replacement switch kit on ebay with instructions how to fix.need someone who can solder with some eletronics knowhow.if not not sure sorry
When you use your remote or insert your key in the Drivers Front door all the door locks should work at the same time by the door lock motors electrically. If you have to manually unlock the door because it will not lock or unlock by the lock motor, you need a door lock motor. The drivers and passengers front door can unlocked with the key manually. The rear doors you have to pull up the latch. If no doors unlock electrically with the remote or drivers door lock, intermittantly or all the time, you will need a Central Locking Electronic Control Module. You will hear the "beep" but no door locks will fire at all. If you have odd door locks not working intermittantly you need a new door lock motor for each door lock that malfunctions. You can hear of the door locks are working electrically. Yes, they are common problem. If you can hear the door lock working but the door still doesn't unlock you need to take the door panel off and lubricate the door latch assembly and work the lock, loosening it up. This is common as well.
central locking on my 93 corsa with standard key, not electronic type as used on later models, all doors are locked and refuse to open, ive checked fuse and thats ok, doors refuse to open from inside the vehicle and from outside, only the tailgate will open from the key, any ideas ,,, thanks dave
If your car has an alarm with a separate remote, it is a separate system and it is probably self-arming. When you lock the doors with the key central lock, the alarm gets armed by the RAV4 being OFF and the door locking action. When you unlock the doors with the key, the alarm is still armed because the key is not comunicating with the alarm just the cars factory keyless system.