Question about 2003 Mitsubishi Diamante
I recently replaced my car battery and now when ever I push on the gas the engine stays at idle rpms. The TCL Off light is also Blinking.
You need to have you idle relearned. Here is the procedure.
"Make sure that all accessories are turned off, a.c. radio, lights etc.."
That is very important as the bcm will learn the wrong idle speed and you will find yourself in the same position.
1. Unhook the battery for a few minutes and then hook back up
2. From a cold start. Turn the ignition to the acc position for 20 seconds and then turn back off.
3.start the engine with no accessories on and let the engine idle from cold to normal temp for 15 minutes.
4. Shut the engine off.
5. Turn the ignition to the acc position and then back off.
6. Start the engine and let it idle in park for 3 minutes.
7. While engine is still running hold in brake and put it in drive. With brakes pressed it the engine idle in drive for 3 minutes.
8. Put the car back in park and shut off for 20 seconds.
9. Start the engine.
10. That should do it.
(According to Mitchell)
Posted on Jan 21, 2018
Trying disconnecting the battery again this time for 10 to 15 minutes. Then reconnect and see if it clears the problem.
Posted on Feb 05, 2009
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 27, 2014 | Cars & Trucks
Nov 04, 2013 | 2004 Jeep Liberty
Feb 09, 2018 | 1995 Ford Escort
Dec 07, 2011 | 2005 Saturn VUE
Feb 17, 2018 | 2006 Saturn Vue
Apr 01, 2011 | 1988 Plymouth Sundance
Dec 04, 2010 | 2000 Dodge Ram 1500 Truck
Jun 23, 2010 | 1993 Honda Accord
Jun 03, 2010 | 2003 Saab 9-3
487 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!