Question about 2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan
Just got a 2006 toyota yaris sedan. The revolution after igniting the engine is at about 2000rpm. Need to know how to reduce the revolution? Thanks.
Engine Tune up include three areas to be addressed in order to get most out of car and to comply with the recommended standards.
1. Fuel system.
- Inspect element air cleaner. Apparently if it seem to be in good condition, clean it with dry compressed air blowing from inside out. Replace it if found clogged. Always clean the element air cleaner immediately after driving through rainy or dusty area.
- Do the throttle body cleaning and and idle speed re-learning. Idle speed re-learning procedure is as under:
-- Make sure coolant level and engine oil level are up to the marks.
-- Remove the key or remote from the car. Remove the battery negative terminal for 5 Sec or more and re-connect.
-- Sit on a driver's seat. Close all the doors, gear in N or P, hand brake pulled. Switch off all the accessories like radio, DVD player, room light, blower motor, parking lights etc.
-- Start the engine and hold the throttle at 3000 rpm till the radiator fan becomes on. After the fan becomes on, release the throttle and let the engine at idle for eight minutes.
-- Switch off the engine and wait 5 Sec. Start the engine and the idle speed learning is complete.
-- Now learn the body ecm. Switch on the ignition lower the driver's window, hold it for 3 Sec then release the button. Lift up the window, keep the button pressed for 3 Sec, after the window reaches top, and release.
-- Do the same procedure with all the remaining windows while sitting in front of the individual windows.
2. Ignition system:
- Remove all the spark plugs and visually inspect them for deterioration of the electrodes. any cracks on porcelain, and color to get an idea for the engine condition. If the color of the electrodes are brown, clean and dry, the engine and performance is excellent. If black and dry, it shows excessive fuel consumption due to the low pressure of fuel pump, clogged element air cleaner, intake blockade, throttle body clogged, faulty MAF sensor, faulty heated Oxygen sensor and defective or leaking fuel injectors. If white color, the system is lean or the fuel is water contaminated. If oily and black, it reveals the oil is getting into the engine through some external source or engine failure.
- Adjust the spark plug electrode gap to 1.00 - 1.1 mm.
- Inspect the ignitors and connectors for firm and good appearance.
3. Engine compression system:
Check the compression of each cylinder with the help of cylinder compression gauge. If the cylinder compression is found less than the specified, it could by due to valve clearance too low or the engine valves and guides are gone bad. Or it may be due to the worn out piston and rings.
Valve clearance (cold):
0.15 to 0.25 mm (0.006 to 0.010 in.)
0.25 to 0.35 mm (0.010 to 0.014 in.)
Posted on Jan 29, 2014
Its all computer controlled,try disconnecting the battery for a few minutes and see if that helps
Posted on Nov 29, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 28, 2011 | 2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan
Jun 29, 2011 | 2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan
Mar 19, 2011 | 2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan
Oct 03, 2010 | 2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan
Jul 21, 2010 | 2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan
Apr 24, 2010 | 2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan
Dec 30, 2009 | 2007 Toyota Yaris
Mar 23, 2009 | 2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan
Dec 21, 2008 | 2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan
993 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!