Question about 1984 Ford F 150

1 Answer

Vacuum hoses sorry to bother ya again but I just spent the past hour lookin up what a vacuum hose looks like and where it is located any suggestions where to look? or what it looks like or where it is

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points


    An expert that got 5 achievements.


    An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.

    New Friend:

    An expert that has 1 follower.

  • Expert
  • 128 Answers

They are the little (3/32 to 1/4 inch) black rubber hoses in your engine bay

Posted on Nov 28, 2008


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi there,
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.

Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.

Here's a link to this great service

Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

My 2003 VW GTI Vr6 keeps stalling. it will start right up. run for 20 seconds. then stall. Then start right up and then stall. THen it wont start again until 3 hours later. then same. i have codePO441

Find the purge valve (pictured below) by tracing vacuum hoses that are connected to the intake manifold. It will be connected to one of those hoses. Might be on the firewall. If you don't find it, maybe the hose is disconnected from the manifold. Look for an open vacuum port on the manifold that SHOULD connect to the purge valve.


Aug 01, 2017 | Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

Engine die

system too lean at idle suggests that you have a vacuum leak in system. Check vacuum hoses, under dash controls and the vacuum hose to the transmission. check brake booster for leaks.

Dec 30, 2014 | 2006 Hyundai Santa Fe

1 Answer

Gas smell through vents

You didn't specify what engine ou have, there are three options. Find the fuel rail. On one end you should see the fuel pressure regulator. There will be a small vacuum hose going to the top and a larger return line fuel hose coming out the bottom. Pull off the vacuum hose and see if gas comes out. If it does replace the regulator. You may have to start the engine for a little bit to see if fuel comes out the vacuum fitting.

I’m happy to assist further over the phone at

Jun 06, 2012 | 2001 Subaru Legacy

1 Answer

I need a vacuum line diagram fo a 1996 Chevy Lumina, 3.1. One line that is not connected to anything, is located at the top of the engine.

Sorry I don't have the diagram, but I do have a diagram of the engine and component locations. Your vacuum system is fairly simple. You have a MAP sensor attached to the air cleaner. I have pasted a picture below. It has one electrical connector and one vacuum hose that goes to the intake manifold or the throttle body.
Behind the right headlight is your evap canister. This will have a hose or line running to the fuel tank. Then it will have another hose going to the purge valve. The purge valve should be close by and it has a connector plus another hose that goes to the intake manifold.
Then you have the PCV hose that goes from the PCV valve in the valve cover to the air cleaner or intake manifold. I think yours just has a hose from the air cleaner and the rest is internal.
There is one more vacuum hose, and that is the bog one that goes from the intake manifold (or throttle body--looks to me like there are a couple of vacuum ports on the back side of the throttle body, and there may be a "T" on one of the hoses) to the brake booster. It this one was off, the engine would not run, as the vacuum draw is large. Please let me know if you cannot figure it out from these instructions and provide a picture, if you can.

MAP sensor:

purge valve:


Oct 30, 2011 | 1996 Chevrolet Lumina Mini

2 Answers

1993 buick century 3.3 transmission modulator help

it is located on the side of the transmission case, it has a vacuum hose going to it, make sure that hose is good and has vacuum from the engine going to the modulator, here is a picture of the modulator so u can ID it.


Jul 21, 2010 | 1993 Buick Century

1 Answer

Hi, Can you hel

there is a vacuum hose under the intake that splits it is visible if you remove the plastic cover by the dipstick you will needa light if the car is started while you are looking you will hear the leak and it will be easier to pinpoint the hose you are lookin for is as big as your finger in diameter and tees near the engine block

May 03, 2010 | 1994 Volkswagen Golf

1 Answer

When I accelorate my ac vent goes from center

Check the white vacuum hose going to your recirculation door outside under the hood. It is located on the passenger side firewall . The hose becomed brittle and falls apart. I get small vacuum hose and cut into the wiring harness to locate a good section of hose.Put hose to vacuum motor. Good luck.

Aug 09, 2009 | 1995 Ford F150 Styleside Regular Cab

1 Answer

Hissing sound

Yea they can be trickey if you dont know what your looking for but what you can do is get a CLEAN spray bottle,fill it with WATER!and spray all the vacuum hoses you can see and when the water gets sucked thru the vac. leak the car will stumble or hesitate but you should be able to notice a difference once ya hit the sewwt spot and dont worry this method is completly safe. have a good day DB

Jan 04, 2009 | 1994 Chevrolet Caprice Classic

1 Answer

I have a 1990 Plymouth van that when I try to start it is will some times run for a little then stops after trying it for about 1 hour to some time 2 hour it will stay running and drive great for the rest...

Do a "Fuel Leak Down Test". It sounds like fuel is leaking past the fuel pressure regulator or a fuel injector when the van is off and sitting for a while. Remove the vacuum hose at the fuel pressure regulator, if you notice fuel inside the hose the regulator is bad and must be replaced.

Dec 28, 2008 | Plymouth Voyager Cars & Trucks

Not finding what you are looking for?
Cars & Trucks Logo

Related Topics:

50 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Ford Experts


Level 3 Expert

81423 Answers

Colin Stickland
Colin Stickland

Level 3 Expert

22359 Answers

gerry bissi

Level 3 Expert

4376 Answers

Are you a Ford Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides