The horn chirp can be disable by pressing the lock and unlock buttons
simultaneously until the hazard lights flash, and no enable press the
lock and unlock until the horn chirp.
To reprogram (enter new ID) key fob (keyless remote controller) follow
1. Close all doors and lock all doors
2. Insert and remove the key from the ignition key cylinder more than
six times within 10 seconds.
(The hazard warning lamp will then flash.)
Key should be withdrawn from ignition key cylinder completely each
Do not rush the insertion/removal key cycling process. The side
marker/tail/license lamps and interior illumination will flash twice
when this step is
3. Insert key on ignition key cylinder and turn ignition key switch to
At this time, the new ID code is entered and original (previous) ID
codes are erase.
4. Press any button on the new remote controller once. (The hazard
warning lamp will then flash)
Do not press the button more than one time in the above step. If the
is pressed more than one time, the programming procedure will not be
The side marker/tail/license lamps and interior illumination will
flash twice when this
step is accurately completed and programming is successful.
If there is only one remote controller skip step 5.
5. Additional ID code entry
Release the door lock, then lock again with door
(In power window main switch)
6. Remove key from ignition
7. Unlock driver side door, open driver side door and then close the
Feb 20, 2010 |
2001 Nissan Pathfinder