Question about 1999 Chevrolet Malibu
1999 chev malibu drivers window is off track how to fix.
1. remove door panel, door latch handle and window crank unless it is electric, then remove electric control panel , usually on top of arm rest.
2, Remove insulation sound barrier (plastic sheet)
3. Inspect window for damage. If none is found, notice where the window normally slides up and down in what is called tracks. There is felt material inside the tracks.
4. Also look to see if the window has dropped out of the two crossed arms that have white plastic rollers on them. Be careful handling these arms because they are very sharp.
5. Look for small tabs holding track to door. Usually top and bottom. Loosen these screws slightly until you can move them back widening the distance between both tracks so that you will be able to slide the window back into the tracks.
6.Once the window is back in track, move the loosened track back up so its just touching the window, then retighten the screws.
7. Test window operation.
8. If the window comes off tracks again, window regular is causing problem and should be replaced.
Hope this helps.
If you would like to correspond further with me on this or any other issue, please feel free to do so.
ASE Master Technician
Posted on Nov 26, 2008
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 12, 2011 | 1999 Chevrolet Malibu
May 28, 2011 | 1999 Chevrolet Malibu
Jul 23, 2010 | 1999 Chevrolet Malibu
May 01, 2010 | 2000 Chevrolet Malibu
Apr 25, 2010 | 1997 Chevrolet Malibu
Mar 19, 2010 | 1999 Chevrolet Malibu
Mar 08, 2010 | 1999 Chevrolet Malibu
Jul 10, 2009 | 1999 Chevrolet Malibu
Dec 06, 2008 | 2003 Chevrolet Malibu
850 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!