here is the procedure can't remove the wires until you remove the key tumbler.
1. Disconnect the battery
2. Remove the steering column filler panel.
3. Remove the knee bolster bracket.
4. Remove the instrument panel (I/P) cluster trim plate.
5. Remove the ignition switch bolts.
6. Lower the ignition switch away from the instrument carrier.
7. Insert the key
into the ignition lock cylinder. Turn the key to the ON/RUN position.
8. Depress the retainer to release the transaxle park/lock cable. Remove the park/lock cable from the ignition switch by pulling on the cable.
Important: You cannot remove the Passlock(TM) electrical connector until the lock cylinder is removed
9. Depress and hold the detent on the bottom of the ignition switch in order to release the ignition lock cylinder. Remove the ignition lock cylinder with the key.
10. Disconnect the Passlock(TM) electrical connector.
11. Disconnect the electrical connectors
12. Use the following procedure if the ignition switch lock cylinder
is seized or won't rotate:
1. Protect the immediate work area with suitable material such as clean shop towels or a clean fender cover.
2. Locate the surface for the release button (2) for the ignition switch lock cylinder on the plastic ignition switch housing. Center punch a location (1) on the rib approximately 3/8 inch reward, toward the key entry end, from the cylinder release button.
3. Carefully drill a pilot hole through the plastic housing with a 1/8-inch drill bit.
4. Using a 9/32-inch drill bit, carefully drill a larger hole at the pilot location, and slightly into the surface of the ignition switch lock cylinder, to break the release button retaining spring.
5. Remove portions of the broken spring from the hole using a small suitable tool.
6. Grasp the ignition switch lock cylinder and remove the cylinder from the switch housing.
7. Remove any plastic flash from the drilling operation, and using compressed air blow out the ignition switch assembly.
8. Follow Service Data procedures when cylinder coding is required. Refer to Key and Lock Cylinder Coding.
1. If the lock cylinder would not rotate or was seized, perform the following procedure:
1. Install the new ignition switch lock cylinder as required by rotating both the cylinder and the ignition switch to the ON position.
2. Push the ignition switch lock cylinder into the ignition switch housing until fully seated.
3. You may have to slightly depress the release button as the button passes by the 9/32-in hole previously drilled in the ignition switch housing
2. Connect the electrical connectors.
3. Connect the Passlock(TM) electrical connector.
4. Connect the park/lock cable to the ignition switch
5. Turn the key to the ON/RUN position. Install the ignition lock cylinder into the ignition switch. If you turned the key slightly while removing the lock cylinder, you may have to align the white colored ignition switch rotor (1) with the lock cylinder (2). You can rotate the ignition switch rotor (1) with your finger.
6. Remove the key
7. Position the ignition switch to the instrument carrier.
Refer to Fastener Notice in Service Precautions.
8. Install the ignition switch bolts.
Tighten the bolts to 10 N.m (89 lb in).
9. Install the trim plate bezel to the I/P cluster.
10. Install the knee bolster bracket.
11. Install the steering column filler panel.
12. Connect the battery ground cable
here are the diagrams too and good luck!