Question about 1997 Pontiac Grand Prix
Location and procedure to remove the inflatable restraint instrument panel module.
My airbag light is staying on. Code B1015 passenger loop resistance high pulls up on the computer. Any Ideas?
a 6ya Mechanic can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Mechanic (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
My son came down and figured it out for me. Not sure what all he did but he had to make a few modifications by splicing the wires together after cutting the wires just under the dimmer switch...then a few adjustments were needed to get it to all work right.
Posted on Jun 09, 2008
SOURCE: Door panel removal
I replaced the passenger side mirror on my 1998 Bonneville.
(Thanks to VWmechanic for his helpful post re a 1997 Bonneville; my '98 was a little different.)
First, remove the door panel, as follows:
1. Remove hex-head screw under inside door handle.
2. Remove 10mm screw located under armrest hand grip (to get at it, pop off the piece that covers the tiny courtesy light)
3. Using a screwdriver, pry off the panel. It's held on by several plastic, pop-off fasteners.
4. Remove the plastic red lock slider under the door handle. It can be pried off the wire slider.
5. Lift up on the door panel to release the top edge. You now have access to the inside of the door.
6. To get at the two bolts holding the mirror to the sheet metal of the fender, remove the plastic shield just under the bolt location.
7. Remove/fasten the mirror bolts with a 10mm. I could reach the front bolt with an 8" socket extension, but had to use a 10mm open wrench on the back bolt.
Posted on Dec 13, 2008
SOURCE: inflated airbag
you need to buy new air bags and a new computer for the air bags you will also need to replace the clock spring in the steering wheel, I do not suggest you do this without knowing anything about the air bag system as it can kill you. This one is for a professional, and the older cars have added items that need to be checked like accelerometers and crash sensors on the front of the radiator core support and on each fender, any one of these items could deploy the air bag if defective. and the old ones deploy at 180 miles per hour.
Posted on May 29, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Driver and passenger knee bolsters
Inflatable restraint front end sensor
Inflatable restraint PASSENGER AIR BAG ON/OFF indicator located on the instrument panel
Inflatable restraint Passenger Presence System (PPS)
Inflatable restraint I/P module
Inflatable restraint I/P module disable switch
Inflatable restraint seat position sensors (SPS) (left/right)
Inflatable restraint sensing and diagnostic module (SDM)
Inflatable restraint steering wheel module
Inflatable restraint steering wheel module coil
Inflatable restraint wiring harnesses
Seat belt pretensioners (left/right)
Steering wheel and column
Nov 22, 2015 | Cars & Trucks
Jan 29, 2013 | 2000 Chevrolet Impala
Aug 23, 2012 | 1999 Ford Explorer
May 01, 2012 | Chevrolet Impala Cars & Trucks
Subject:Supplemental Inflatable Restraint (SIR) Light ON, Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC) B0013, B0014, B0017, B0043, (Inspect and/or Replace IP Harness to Inflatable Restraint Module (Air Bag) Yellow 4-Way Connector C221 and/or C222)
• The SDM detects the air bag module deployment loop resistance is greater than 4.8 ohms for 500 milliseconds.
• The SDM detects that the voltage at the air bag module high control is less than 2.4 volts and deployment loop resistance is 6 ohms or greater for 500 milliseconds.
Apr 22, 2012 | 2003 Chevrolet Tahoe
Fig. Lift the trim cover in order to gain access to the lock cylinder access hole.
Fig. Remove the ignition lock cylinder from the lock cylinder case.
Fig. Driver-s side air bag connector location
Fig. Passenger-s side air bag connector location
Fig. Side air bag connector location
Jun 30, 2011 | 2004 Buick Rendezvous
Oct 08, 2010 | Cadillac Seville Cars & Trucks
Sep 12, 2010 | Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Cars & Trucks
May 07, 2010 | 2003 Chevrolet Suburban 1500
Jul 16, 2009 | 1998 Chevrolet Prizm
532 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!