03 3.7 have new o rings for bottom of injectors do you put it on the head first or on the injector just put head gaskets on jeep
old post but see it asked many times.
assemble the rail first, its 1 piece so must be ready first.
3.7L Engine (FSM) RTM?
(1) If fuel injectors are to be installed, refer to Fuel
(2) Clean out fuel injector machined bores in
(3) Apply a small amount of engine oil to each fuel
injector o-ring. This will help in fuel rail installation.
(4) Position fuel rail/fuel injector assembly to
machined injector openings in cylinder head.
(5) Guide each injector into cylinder head. Be careful
not to tear injector o-rings.
(6) Push right side of fuel rail down until fuel
injectors have bottomed on cylinder head shoulder.
Push left fuel rail down until injectors have bottomed
on cylinder head shoulder.
(7) Install 4 fuel rail mounting bolts and tighten.
Refer to torque specifications.
(8) Install 6 ignition coils. Refer to Ignition Coil
(9) Connect electrical connectors to throttle body.
(10) Connect electrical connectors at all fuel injectors.
To install connector, refer to (Fig. 37). Push connector
onto injector (1) and then push and lock red
colored slider (2). Verify connector is locked to injector
by lightly tugging on connector.
(11) Connect necessary vacuum lines to throttle
(12) Connect fuel line latch clip and fuel line to
fuel rail. Refer to Quick-Connect Fittings.
(13) Install air box to throttle body.
(14) Install air duct to air box.
(15) Connect battery cable to battery.
(16) Start engine and check for leaks.
Oct 07, 2014 |
Jeep Cars & Trucks