Question about 1998 Buick Riviera
Can you tell me how to program a keyless remote to my car the old one i had broke...
1. Insert keys in ignition and leave in the OFF position.
2. Locate the OBDII Port under drivers side dashboard.
(Note port is wider at top) Your OBDII Port will not have numbers, use this for reference.
3. Make sure there are metal contact pins in terminals 8 and 4. Connect 8 and 4 with a suitable
jumper wire (leave the jumper wire connected throughout the programming procedure). Make
sure you know which terminals are 8 and 4. The vehicle will respond by locking then unlocking the
doors to signify entering of programming mode.
4. Close Doors
5. Turn ignition to the ON position (as far as you can go without cranking the engine). Doors will
6. Press and hold both the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons together on the first transmitter to be
programmed. Up to about 30 seconds, the vehicle will respond by locking then unlocking the doors.
Release the buttons on the transmitter.
7. Within one minute, repeat the previous step on the remaining transmitter (if any – including any
8. Remove jumper wire applied to the OBDII Port
Posted on Nov 25, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 30, 2013 | Oldsmobile Alero Cars & Trucks
Apr 26, 2012 | 2006 Pontiac Grand Prix
Jan 22, 2012 | Oldsmobile Regency Cars & Trucks
May 21, 2010 | 2001 GMC Safari
May 10, 2009 | 1993 Ford Explorer Limited
Mar 24, 2009 | 2003 Buick LeSabre
Mar 19, 2009 | 2002 Chrysler Town & Country
Feb 20, 2009 | 1996 Mercury Sable
May 13, 2017 | 1998 Volvo V70
Oct 20, 2008 | 1998 Isuzu Amigo
214 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: